small show in Auburn, Indiana oct. 28

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
rbuck
Victor Jr

small show in Auburn, Indiana oct. 28

Post by rbuck »

Hi,
My name is Richard Buck and I am president of HAPS (Hoosier Antique Phonograph Society). We are organizing a small show in Auburn (NE Indiana) Oct 28.

Details:Where: National Military History Center (WWII Victory Museum, Kruse Automotive & Carriage Museum). 5634 County road 11A, Auburn (just off of I69 exit 326 west).

When: Saturday, October 28--9AM-1PM. Venue will be open at 7:30 AM for set up.

Activities: We will have tables available that people can set up either for show or for sale (no fee). We will have a silent auction and John Hauger will give a talk. Please email me for further information.

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Re: small show in Auburn, Indiana oct. 28

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

I plan to attend and support this show. Who else is planning to be there?

Steve Levi
Victor II

Post by Steve Levi »

See you there! Steve

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Wish I could go, but it's a little far from Riverside, CA!! Glad to hear you are going Steve! Send some pictures!

Mike

Skihawx
Victor III

Post by Skihawx »

Glad to see the HAPS organization is still active. I left Indiana almost 9 years ago after spending over 20 years living in Noblesville. I remember having HAPS meetings at the house. Looks like there are some new members, there are some names I don't recognize.

rbuck
Victor Jr

Post by rbuck »

Skihawx wrote:Glad to see the HAPS organization is still active. I left Indiana almost 9 years ago after spending over 20 years living in Noblesville. I remember having HAPS meetings at the house. Looks like there are some new members, there are some names I don't recognize.
The older members still talk about you (and your collection). HAPS exists although quite a bit smaller than when you were here. This time it sounds like we will have a very respectable turn out. I had a couple reasons for choosing this venue. The NMHC is very nice, having had one of Stantons’ auctions. It is also strategically located in a tri state area. I’m hoping we can attract people from Michigan and Ohio. This may or may not be a onetime event. Either way, we should have fun.

Rich

rvwenger
Victor I

Post by rvwenger »

This will be a great gathering.

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

Yes, I am looking forward to being at the show on Saturday.

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

I'm planning on being there. It should be a good time to visit with old friends and hopefully meet some new ones also.
Not to mention what kind of stuff may shows up there.

I'll be bringing a hoard of 1500 4 minute cylinders of all types. At $4 each you should be able to find something you like.
It's the Good, Bad, and Ugly sale. The cylinders range from mint in box with matching lids to so dirty you'll have to clean the end to read the title. Most of the cylinders are in some type of box.

Depending on how ambitious I get with determine on how many machines and parts I may bring.

Looking forward to the show.
Larry Crandell

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

Best of luck to the show, even though cannot attend----sure would like to know if there were any Emersons there