New Member of this forum from Denmark :)

Discussions on Talking Machines of British or European Manufacture
alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: New Member of this forum from Denmark :)

Post by alang »

That was a great find, even with the flaws mentioned. Congratulations!

Andreas

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

WELCOME!!! You have a very nice collection and it is great to see a young collector doing restorations... A lot of people would have passed that rusted machine by without a second look, but you have brought it back from the dead. It has an appearance similar to a German cylinder machine, but I am not sure. Your new find was a great bargain... congratulations.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Billehifi
Victor Jr

Post by Billehifi »

Curt A wrote:WELCOME!!! You have a very nice collection and it is great to see a young collector doing restorations... A lot of people would have passed that rusted machine by without a second look, but you have brought it back from the dead. It has an appearance similar to a German cylinder machine, but I am not sure. Your new find was a great bargain... congratulations.

Do you have a picture of the machine that you think is similar?

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

Welcome to the forum.... That machine looks 100 % better without the rust. When you find a picture of a machine like it in good shape, you have the base to restore it back looking original. Tom

Billehifi
Victor Jr

Post by Billehifi »

It has been some time since I've posted something. I've been busy, buying alot of things, and busy with school.
I have bought a Edison Home model B with Diamond B with af big cygnet horn from a dear collector-friend - Eric Reiss. It is very beautiful and fits great in my little collection. :D Also found a Edison Gem at a flearmarket - missing the horn og and the spring is broken - but is was very cheap :)
Attachments
08ABD960-7DDB-46F9-A3EE-2F5945C98EF6.png
41CE21F9-3FDE-43A2-BA91-9B13C303E8B9.png