Talk-o-phone mid size brass bell horn ?solved

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Talk-o-phone mid size brass bell horn ?solved

Post by DGPros »

I purchased this horn this weekend with really no clue what machine it goes too. :roll: I hoped I could figure it out. :lol: The elbow doesn't look correct,(screws on) and there are no makers marks, though there looks like there was one on the inside bottom of the bell.Size is 24" long and 13 ¼" at the horn opening. I've spent hours looking through books and the internet and have come up with almost nothing. I have learned some other good stuff in my searches, so all is not lost. :D
Attachments
2017-11-05 13.08.43.jpg
2017-11-05 13.08.13.jpg
2017-11-05 13.08.01.jpg
Last edited by DGPros on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

melvind
Victor IV

Re: Unknown large brass bell horn ?

Post by melvind »

The elbow and the ring it screws onto is from a Talk-o-phone phonograph. I'm sure the entire thing is a Talk-o-phone horn. A bit rare and they only made them for a few years and if you need one good luck. Either you or someone you provide it to will be thrilled one day.

DGPros
Victor III

Post by DGPros »

melvind wrote:The elbow and the ring it screws onto is from a Talk-o-phone phonograph. I'm sure the entire thing is a Talk-o-phone horn. A bit rare and they only made them for a few years and if you need one good luck. Either you or someone you provide it to will be thrilled one day.
Thanks, I shall look into the Talk-O-Phones, since I've only heard of and know nothing about them.
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Dan is right. This is definitely a Talk-O-Phone for a front mount. This is their medium sized horn. You are very fortunate the the elbow is not cracked. They are made of either Aluminum, or pot metal. After you clean and polish it up, be very careful attaching the elbow, because they are very fragile, and delicate.
Harvey Kravitz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You'll find pictures of several Talk-O-Phone models in The Talking Machine Compendium. :)

George P.

DGPros
Victor III

Post by DGPros »

Thanks guys.
Frederic Bastiat