How do you store and display your collections?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: How do you store and display your collections?

Post by phonogfp »

Well, well... If it isn't our young friend Nate! Long time, no see - - when are you coming over to the Finger Lakes again?

It's nice to see a photo of your room and that 8-35 we've heard about. And that Edison C 200 looks much better in your room than it did in my basement! Your room reminds me very much of mine about 45 years ago. I'll bet you will have some of those machines 45 years from now - just as I do!

For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Nate (we must get him to the Wayne show one of these days), you'll know him if you see him - all 6 feet 6 inches of him! He's built like a linebacker because that's what he was in high school. Nowadays he works in a legal firm, and is the gentlest, most courteous 20-something you're likely to meet. He really knows his acoustic records and recording artists too. I think of guys like Nate as the real future of our hobby. And he has a talent for turning up treasure! :)

George P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Hey Nate! Nice room full o' talking machines!

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

NateO
Victor I

Post by NateO »

phonogfp wrote:Well, well... If it isn't our young friend Nate! Long time, no see - - when are you coming over to the Finger Lakes again?

It's nice to see a photo of your room and that 8-35 we've heard about. And that Edison C 200 looks much better in your room than it did in my basement! Your room reminds me very much of mine about 45 years ago. I'll bet you will have some of those machines 45 years from now - just as I do!

For those who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Nate (we must get him to the Wayne show one of these days), you'll know him if you see him - all 6 feet 6 inches of him! He's built like a linebacker because that's what he was in high school. Nowadays he works in a legal firm, and is the gentlest, most courteous 20-something you're likely to meet. He really knows his acoustic records and recording artists too. I think of guys like Nate as the real future of our hobby. And he has a talent for turning up treasure! :)

George P.
Thanks for the kind words George- I'm honored! I'm always up for a trip to the Finger Lakes, weather permitting.

Making it to Wayne is my goal this year. It's somewhere I have always wanted to get to!
- Nathan

Pete Stratford
Victor II

Post by Pete Stratford »

Hello,
My main Phonograph room is about 12'x 16'. The walls slope up to form the roof so i could not mount any shelves on the walls. I built a two tier system from two by fours and 24" white shelving around the room. In the center of the room I built a free standing two tier unit.
Pete
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

Pete Stratford
Victor II

Post by Pete Stratford »

Hello,
My second Phonograph room is a 10"x 12' Bedroom. I have a number of uprights in this room so I only have two tier shelving on one wall.
Pete
Attachments
020.JPG
019.JPG
018.JPG
017.JPG
016.JPG
015.JPG
014.JPG

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

Pete Stratford wrote:Hello,
My second Phonograph room is a 10"x 12' Bedroom. I have a number of uprights in this room so I only have two tier shelving on one wall.
Pete
Quite an impressive collection. Thanks for sharing it on the forum.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Ditto, Pete. You have an impressive collection.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Very nice collection, Pete. And I think you must take the prize for "Most Space Efficient." :)

George P.

Mlund2020
Victor II

Post by Mlund2020 »

I have displayed pieces both as accent pieces in my home and in a dedicated display space. I really prefer pieces that are displayed as accent pieces, but you can only display so many accent pieces.
Attachments
IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG
IMG_0139.JPG
IMG_0130.JPG
IMG_0133.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG
IMG_0129.JPG
Last edited by Mlund2020 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Beautifully displayed in a beautiful home - congratulations!

That's an impressive display of early discs too. I've never seen so many 5.5" U.S. Berliners in one place!

George P.