Edison model A 200 value

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tomb
Victor IV

Edison model A 200 value

Post by tomb »

I have the chance to purchase a Edison A 200 s/n 3302 working, 50 records, and a portable Edison that has the tone arm broke, for around $ 400.00. I do not know the value of these. No pictures yet. The 200 has some veneer missing. Is this worth it ??? Tom B

Jwb88
Victor II

Re: Edison model A 200 value

Post by Jwb88 »

If that's the same one I saw posted on craigslist here in So Cal, make sure the portable is an Edison. The ad said it was an Edison but it was actually a "Caswell". I don't know much about them but they seem like an average 1920s portable phono. Again, I might have the wrong ad, I just assumed that it might be the same one since I think you're local. They started at $400 and lowered to $350. The A200 I saw had a rough finish but looked pretty good and if I didn't already have an Edison I'd be all over it. Be fun to look at the records, too! As far as value, I have no idea. Whatever it's worth to you!

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Tom,

Call me! I've got a C200 (and a C250). It's not an A200, but it is very similar--just not as early. It is in good shape, and the C250 is more of a project. Both or one will come MUCH cheaper to you, and I have as many records as you can stand!! I'll be happy to give you a crate of records. Wife wants these machines in the garage out. Also have more portables if you want some more!! LOL

I'll try to call you later today--or call me!

Mike

Jwb88
Victor II

Post by Jwb88 »

I highly recommend the c-200. That's the model I'm working on now. Then again, a 250 is king in my opinion! Mike, I think I'd drool over whatever you've got in your garage alone :lol:

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Just give me a call, and you can come over and dig! I have a Triumph D2 and E, I have numerous suitcase homes and some 4 clip standards, regular standards and homes, couple of busy bee cylinder machines, portables, lots of horns, as many cases for Edison Standard's and Home's that you would ever need in a lifetime, table top disc phonographs, Maroon GEM, Model A GEM, Model C GEM, and even a 2/4 minute GEM attachment, parts GEMS, Columbia Q's, a green GENOLA child's phonograph in nice shape, Victor portable with gold orthophonic (portable) reproducer--just rebuilt! Tubs of cylinders (250 to 300 in a tub!!), Christmas cylinders, disc records galore, etc. Happy to move some of this stuff from me to you! LOL! I have a couple of B80 Diamond Disc table top machines. 2 to make one good one. Milk crates of Diamond Disc records, and thousands more cylinders!!!! I keep thinking of things.....

Mike

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

Thanks Mike I will get together with you.. Tom