They are still out there

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
chrisg
Victor III

They are still out there

Post by chrisg »

One of my HVAC service techs called me and said the home he was sent to had something I would like to see. I was thinking he found a snake or bats in the attic. After talking some and he wouldn't say why i needed to come out. He text a pic of dusty victor 2 humpback in the attic. Hed asked the homeowner and they said they would sell it and wanted 125 dollars. Well needless to say, i made a service call. Now all my guys look for em in the attic
Attachments
20171114_122308.jpg

De Soto Frank
Victor V

Re: They are still out there

Post by De Soto Frank »

Congratulations !

That will clean-up nicely ! :)

Is the horn-elbow there too ?
De Soto Frank

chrisg
Victor III

Post by chrisg »

Did not find the elbow. And it has broken weight spring, but weights were in the bottom
Attachments
20171114_125407.jpg

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Post by DGPros »

When I went to purchase my Edison 2-C a few weeks ago, the gentlemen had some commons(S19 busted up, VV-VI missing doors and lid etc) and oh yeah, a Vic II humpback cabinet and working motor. :shock: It's amazing how much luckier you get the harder you look. If I hadn't asked if he had anything else I might be interested in, we may never have dug through those piles of junk to find it. :) Good luck with it!
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

Same as records - how many of us walk right past boxes of common 78 records at flea markets and/or antique malls? I spent about an hour last Saturday at a fairly new indoor antique center in New Jersey digging through around 10 plastic milk crates full of 10" and 12" 78 records,, only to find four nice Edison Electric Needle Types and quite a few large hole Standards. All the records were $1.00 each and three of the Edison's had their original paper sleeves. Don't ever walk past crates full of records! Dig!

Victor A
Victor I
Personal Text: "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?" - Graham Chapman

Post by Victor A »

briankeith wrote:Same as records - how many of us walk right past boxes of common 78 records at flea markets and/or antique malls? I spent about an hour last Saturday at a fairly new indoor antique center in New Jersey digging through around 10 plastic milk crates full of 10" and 12" 78 records,, only to find four nice Edison Electric Needle Types and quite a few large hole Standards. All the records were $1.00 each and three of the Edison's had their original paper sleeves. Don't ever walk past crates full of records! Dig!
I most definitely second that! I often see crates of what appear to be mid-40s, Decca and Columbia junk, and then find some nice records! Once I found a few 7 inch Climaxes, and a batch of 12-inch double-sided Columbias! It is often amazing what you can find if you just look a little.
SOUSA, The March King, says:

"Your 'VICTOR' and 'MONARCH' Records are all right."

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

What an awesome find!! Congrats!
J.F.

howardpgh
Victor II

Post by howardpgh »

I even dig through the 45s and LPs, I found some Little Wonders and some small Emersons stuck in with them. Sometimes an interesting 12" shows up in the Lps.

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

howardpgh wrote:I even dig through the 45s and LPs, I found some Little Wonders and some small Emersons stuck in with them. Sometimes an interesting 12" shows up in the Lps.
A friend who also collects vinyl :o was looking through a box of 7" singles at a car boot sale (that would be a car trunk in the USA) when he came upon several 7" Berliners. He got the lot at vinyl prices and the majority were in good playing condition.