EARL OLIVERS JAZZ BABIES

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

EARL OLIVERS JAZZ BABIES

Post by audiophile102 »

I was trying to find out about EARL OLIVERS JAZZ BABIES, but there doesn't seem to be much information on the internet. Wikipedia and RED HOT JAZZ are my favorite search pages for all things jazz, but I found nothing. There is a hand full of You Tube Video's but I wish there was more. I hate to bid on an Edison record without hearing the songs first. So my question is: Do you have a link to a web page about the band? How many Edison diamond disk records did the band produce?
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

WDC
Victor IV

Re: EARL OLIVERS JAZZ BABIES

Post by WDC »

Actually, there is plenty of information on the Red Hot Jazz Archive. Earl Oliver's Jazz Babies was just one of the numerous pseudonyms for Harry Reser's Orchestra: http://www.redhotjazz.com/hreserbands.html

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

WDC wrote:Actually, there is plenty of information on the Red Hot Jazz Archive. Earl Oliver's Jazz Babies was just one of the numerous pseudonyms for Harry Reser's Orchestra: http://www.redhotjazz.com/hreserbands.html
Thanks!
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Gatyam
Victor I

Post by Gatyam »

According to a book by R. Dethlefson, there were nine records issued under the name Earl Oliver's Jazz Babies: 51698, 51724, 51745, 51760, 51762, 51776, 51877, 51900, and 51929.