WANTED. COLUMBIA AU

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Victrola20
Victor O
Personal Text: If you can see the floor there is always room for more

WANTED. COLUMBIA AU

Post by Victrola20 »

I am looking for a nice Columbia AU at a fair price for a good friend of mine. If you have one that you would let go of. Please let me know and I will connect you with my friends. Thank you

fonograph
Victor II

Re: WANTED. COLUMBIA AU

Post by fonograph »

I have a standard model AA for sale. It's just like the AU except it has the larger spindle. I can post pics if you like.
Bob

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

Hey Brice,

The machine 100% original including the felt. It's also in excellent condition in fact it took 2nd place at the phonograph show in the "Outside metal horn category" in 2002. Tim Fabrizio and another guy were judges (cant remember his name). I have a letter from the former owner that the machine came from Missouri. I have one 7" record but it will play the 10". I'll take $625 for it.

If you want a pic of a particular side or part, just let me know.

Thanks,

Bob Barnes
Attachments
AA3.jpg
AA.jpg
AA1.jpg
AA4.jpg

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

fonograph wrote:Hey Brice,

The machine 100% original including the felt. It's also in excellent condition in fact it took 2nd place at the phonograph show in the "Outside metal horn category" in 2002. Tim Fabrizio and another guy were judges (cant remember his name). I have a letter from the former owner that the machine came from Missouri. I have one 7" record but it will play the 10". I'll take $625 for it.

If you want a pic of a particular side or part, just let me know.

Thanks,

Bob Barnes
Wow, that's one of the nicest AA/AU I've seen. The paint is so prone to chipping, and obviously old grease is visually unattractive on an open works machine.

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

Thanks Brandon.

It not often you receive provenance with a machine, but in this case I did.
This gives a little history.

Bob
Attachments
20171205_112104.jpg

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

That's a really nice machine Bob. I love the way the governor weight reflects off the black paint underneath. You never regret buying top quality.

Jerry Blais

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Jerry B. wrote:That's a really nice machine Bob. I love the way the governor weight reflects off the black paint underneath. You never regret buying top quality.

Jerry Blais
That’s actually the white tablecloth showing through a cut-out section for weight clearance you’re seeing, I only know this because I had one!

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

Does anyone know how to contact Brice?
I don't if I'm having email problems but not getting a response from him on email or pm's.
Thanks,
Bob