Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set

Post by Curt A »

Is anyone familiar with this three record set? 7" Victor 221, 222 & 223 with paper sleeve. I would like to know when they were made and any other info you might have about them...
Attachments
s-l1600-108.jpg
s-l1600-109.jpg
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Winnie The Pooh 7" Victor Orthophonic record set

Post by estott »

1931-32. The original issue came in a cardboard folder with a color decorated cover- they were introduced right after the crash and didn't sell well. Yours are a slightly later issue- Victor was trying to recover costs
Attachments
pooh.jpg
pooh.jpg (71.58 KiB) Viewed 755 times

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

Thanks... Is there any possibility that you could make a high quality scan of your folder cover? I would like to have that for my granddaughter, since she would love the graphics...

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

estott
Victor Monarch

Post by estott »

Curt A wrote:Thanks... Is there any possibility that you could make a high quality scan of your folder cover? I would like to have that for my granddaughter, since she would love the graphics...
My cover is just like yours- the plain one. I found the other one on the internet

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Curt A »

estott wrote:1931-32. The original issue came in a cardboard folder with a color decorated cover- they were introduced right after the crash and didn't sell well. Yours are a slightly later issue- Victor was trying to recover costs
I wonder if the set with the picture on the cover was actually the earlier set, because the records are numbered 221a/221b, 222a/222b, 223a/223b. My set and yours are in the plainer cover, but the records are numbered 221/222 and 223 without the suffix, which makes me think that they are earlier... just wondering.

My Wife

estott
Victor Monarch

Post by estott »

Curt A wrote:
estott wrote:1931-32. The original issue came in a cardboard folder with a color decorated cover- they were introduced right after the crash and didn't sell well. Yours are a slightly later issue- Victor was trying to recover costs
I wonder if the set with the picture on the cover was actually the earlier set, because the records are numbered 221a/221b, 222a/222b, 223a/223b. My set and yours are in the plainer cover, but the records are numbered 221/222 and 223 without the suffix, which makes me think that they are earlier... just wondering.
Could be- I've been known to be in error