Good places to find records in Southern MA and CT?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
oldphonographsteve
Victor II
Personal Text: I'm the guy that found the fault in asphalt

Good places to find records in Southern MA and CT?

Post by oldphonographsteve »

So I have been having that itch lately to add some new selections to my collection. Perhaps this is a taboo question (many do not like giving away their favorite spots for finds,) but does anyone know of any good stores, flea markets, etc. or even just general locations in Connecticut and the southern Massachusetts area which have some acoustic records. I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I have been having some hard luck finding some cheap records out in the wild lately.

Stephen

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Re: Good places to find records in Southern MA and CT?

Post by gramophone-georg »

oldphonographsteve wrote:So I have been having that itch lately to add some new selections to my collection. Perhaps this is a taboo question (many do not like giving away their favorite spots for finds,) but does anyone know of any good stores, flea markets, etc. or even just general locations in Connecticut and the southern Massachusetts area which have some acoustic records. I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I have been having some hard luck finding some cheap records out in the wild lately.

Stephen
How cheap is cheap? I have stacks that I've been considering bundling together in lots of 10 as "Victrola fodder" or "Steel Needle God Sacrifices"

I'm in Oregon but we have Jerry B if he has room and media mail is still pretty reasonable.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

oldphonographsteve
Victor II

gramophone-georg wrote:
oldphonographsteve wrote:So I have been having that itch lately to add some new selections to my collection. Perhaps this is a taboo question (many do not like giving away their favorite spots for finds,) but does anyone know of any good stores, flea markets, etc. or even just general locations in Connecticut and the southern Massachusetts area which have some acoustic records. I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I have been having some hard luck finding some cheap records out in the wild lately.

Stephen
How cheap is cheap? I have stacks that I've been considering bundling together in lots of 10 as "Victrola fodder" or "Steel Needle God Sacrifices"

I'm in Oregon but we have Jerry B if he has room and media mail is still pretty reasonable.
Well that is certainly something to consider. By cheap I mean about a buck or two apiece for common stuff.

Stephen

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

We have some extra fairly common records, but need to know what types you are seeking. Our next trip to Connecticut will not be for several months since we were there last week, however, but a few could possibly be shipped.

oldphonographsteve
Victor II

EdiBrunsVic wrote:We have some extra fairly common records, but need to know what types you are seeking. Our next trip to Connecticut will not be for several months since we were there last week, however, but a few could possibly be shipped.
Good point, being specific would be much more useful. I think it might be best for me to post a wanted ad in the Yankee Trader section with some more detail.

Stephen