VLTA? On eBay

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: VLTA? On eBay

Post by brianu »

tomb wrote:There is three L doors on EBay right now. One for $500 mahogany, one oak $ 550, and this one. It is raining L doors. Is the price of $ 899. a good price.??? Tom B

This is not a standard Ldoor, and calling it one would be the same as calling a Pooley flat top or Vic XX an Ldoor... granted, this isn’t of the same value as those two, but this VTLA especially with the extras seems like it’s priced pretty fairly, especially if the motor was properly rebuilt (I’d ask who did it).

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

Whats this about the motor being super rare? Does anyone know anything about that? Sounds like a seller trying to hype their item to me, but you never know.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

GregVTLA wrote:Whats this about the motor being super rare? Does anyone know anything about that? Sounds like a seller trying to hype their item to me, but you never know.
They were probably told that it’s a Vic VI motor and somehow translated that to “rare”.

GregVTLA
Victor III

Post by GregVTLA »

Ah, that seems to happen quite a bit. The VI motor is the dual canister one, correct? I think my X might have one, its from 1914.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

GregVTLA wrote:Ah, that seems to happen quite a bit. The VI motor is the dual canister one, correct? I think my X might have one, its from 1914.
The X dual canister motor is a double spring motor with one spring in each, the VTLA / VI / early XVI motors are triple spring and do use two canisters, but they're completely different than the motor an X would use. Hope this helps a bit. I'm not home, or I'd shoot some photos to show the differences.

Sean

GregVTLA
Victor III

Post by GregVTLA »

Thanks! I wasn’t aware that there were so many variations on model, I just thought there were two variations of each spring size, small and large canister

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Greg VTLA-- Here is a link to an article that has been mentioned many times on the Forum. It is a very good description of the MANY different motors used in victor machines. As you'll see, your X motor would not be the same as in a Vic VI or VTLA.

Hope this helps-

http://www.antiquephono.org/victorvictr ... ld-braker/

Brad Abell

GregVTLA
Victor III

Post by GregVTLA »

Thanks outune! That sure looks promising!