Anyone order from them before?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Anyone order from them before?

Post by GregVTLA »

I'm replacing the standard lamp-cord wire on my VE 7-25, and I was curious if anyone had ever purchased from them before. It seems to be a great price (only 73c per foot) and it ships free with Amazon Prime. I'm not going for perfect originality (I've rewired so the cord is one piece and added an inline switch) but I do like it to be very similar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IM ... 85MH&psc=1

Greg

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Anyone order from them before?

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Just buy it directly from sundial wire. They are the ones who make it. Anywhere else is just cutting it into small segments and charging more. Also, you don’t want this style which is called pulley cord, it’s too heavy and won’t look right. Get the “Parallel” cord in gold or brown which are period correct.

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Post by GregVTLA »

HisMastersVoice wrote:Just buy it directly from sundial wire. They are the ones who make it. Anywhere else is just cutting it into small segments and charging more. Also, you don’t want this style which is called pulley cord, it’s too heavy and won’t look right. Get the “Parallel” cord in gold or brown which are period correct.
Thanks! I’ll take a look. Do you have any idea where to get the female connector? I think I want to restore the original setup.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

GregVTLA wrote:
HisMastersVoice wrote:Just buy it directly from sundial wire. They are the ones who make it. Anywhere else is just cutting it into small segments and charging more. Also, you don’t want this style which is called pulley cord, it’s too heavy and won’t look right. Get the “Parallel” cord in gold or brown which are period correct.
Thanks! I’ll take a look. Do you have any idea where to get the female connector? I think I want to restore the original setup.
Check eBay, there are bound to be dozens there. They often turn up in lots of misc vintage electrical stuff. Nobody makes those new as far as I know because there really isn't a practical modern application for them.

This one would probably work for you: https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RODALE ... SwXtNaUzMf

Also, I'd be careful with inline switches. Unless it's a heavy-duty one, it may not be rated to handle more current than a light bulb.