Panatrope P-15

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
schweg
Victor III

Re: Panatrope P-15

Post by schweg »

My ignorance is abundant when it comes to radio/phono combinations so I can’t answer other than to say that the very experienced radio guy said the tubes are good but w/o a schematic he can’t do anything more. He said this has never happened to him before. I guess the rarity of this machine is a disadvantage in this case

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post by ChuckA »

The RPA-7 is basically a RPA-6 with the addition of the 201 as a preamp for the pickup. Your tech should be able to fix it with the 6 schematic, it's a simple amp shouldn't really need a schematic. Main failures are the large power resistors. The volume control is also a problem area as it's a tapped unit and internal connections fail.

Chuck

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

I appreciate your input Chuck. I will pass this along to him and see if that helps him.

Steve

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

This WAS a while ago, but any updates? Am I correct in assuming it's a small speaker/ horn driver connected to that potentially Exponential horn? I wonder why they didn't simply use one of their large walnut horns.

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

No progress on this one