FOR SALE: MORE Machines to Orlando - VARIOUS PRICES SEE

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
fonograph
Victor II

FOR SALE: MORE Machines to Orlando - VARIOUS PRICES SEE

Post by fonograph »

I'm posting some of the machines that we're taking to Orlando show this year. So that means "free shipping"!

I've included mixed lot of off-brand machines too, so there's something for everyone.

1. SOLD I think this is an Oxford machine. It has Vic Jr cabinet and motor but a Zonophone back bracket and horn. There's no decal and no indication that there were ever screw holes for a "front mount". Very cute little machine that easily plays a 10" record and is proportionately appealing. It is one of the loudest machines I own.$595

2. Symphony. This is one of my favorite Columbia client machines. It has a original finish and beautiful oak striping and decal. Easily plays a 10" record with soft tone needles, but struggles a bit with loud tone. May need some oil or a new spring? Comes with 5 United records. $160

3. SOLD Arionola. I don't much about this machine except that it was made in Boston and the maker was VERY proud of it. The name is on the front, on the reproducer and on the speed control. I guess is an example of early reflex speaker system? Decal looks better in person. Original finish. Plays 10" records with no problem and sounds surprisingly good. $220

4. SOLD Aretino. This machine really needs a good cleaning and/or resto, but it has good bones. All original and plays loud and clear even though the reproducer has not been rebuilt. Decal is a little weak, but still very visible. The cabinet is not oak and if I had to guess I'd say chestnut. It has the standard Columbia turntable config, so you could play regular size 78s if you swap the turntable out. I have 20 or Ar3tino records also available. $500
Attachments
oxford2.jpg
oxford1.jpg
symp2.jpg
symp1.jpg
ari1.jpg
ari2.jpg
ari3.jpg
aretino5.jpg
aretino1.jpg
aretino4.jpg
aretino2.jpg
aretino3.jpg
Last edited by fonograph on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: FOR SALE: Machines going to Orlando - VARIOUS PRICES SEE

Post by Curt A »

I have seen all of these machines in person and they are in excellent cosmetic & playing condition, as described. You won't be disappointed...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

fonograph
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: MORE Machines to Orlando - VARIOUS PRICES SEE

Post by fonograph »

Here are some other machines I'll be bringing if space allows.

I would consider trades, especially Columbia BII or nice Vic 3 (with or without horn)
Thanks,
Bob

1. Standard model AA. One of the nicest I've ever seen. All original including crank and turntable felt (which is pretty ratty. $ 575

2. SOLD Victor MS. Sometimes called an oak 4. My friend used to say "that's the way you like to find 'em". Original, in good condition and never messed with. Everything original here except one of the 3 springs were replaced. THe other two remaining springs were greased and the machine plays like new. The early brass gear machines are somewhat noisy, but this one is unusually quiet. Comes with early two piece pin elbow and spring load reproducer. $ 2100

3. SOLD Zonophone Model D. Out of my personal collection. This came from a Dr in Georgia known for his high end machines. Pictures speak for themselves. The reproducer in the wide shots are another concert V and not the one for this machine. The close up show the one for this machine. Sorry for the mix up.
$ 1600
Attachments
Au1.jpg
AU2.jpg
au5.jpg
au6.jpg
zono29.jpg
ms6.jpg
ms1.jpg
ms2.jpg
ms3.jpg
ms4.jpg
ms5.jpg
ms7.jpg
zono20.jpg
zono21.jpg
zono23.jpg
zono24.jpg
zono25.jpg
zono26.jpg
Last edited by fonograph on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Your #1 machine, in the first grouping, is a Zonophone. They were very late and unlabeled. It looks to be all correct.

Zwebie
Victor IV
Personal Text: We are only the caretakers for future generations.

Post by Zwebie »

P.M. Sent

uncle-jimmy
Victor O

Post by uncle-jimmy »

Hi Bob,

Consider the #1 machine Victor Jr. with Zonophone horn SOLD , it still available. Thanks. Jim

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

the arionola arrived yesterday, fast and safe... the photos did it no justice... a super clean example of a really interesting machine (never realized the case was even designed to accommodate turntable storage on its underside)... thanks again.