Still doing phonograph reproducer repairs! Fast turnaround

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

Still doing phonograph reproducer repairs! Fast turnaround

Post by MicaMonster »

This message posting is something I call “shaking the tree.” Winter started GREAT, but after the holidays repairs have slowed down. Although my workshop is NOT heated ( I am not able to do wood and finish repairs in the arctic temperatures), I am still able to repair springs, and do complete repairs to reproducers of all designs and makes.

Sapphire rotating, gaskets, diaphragms, bearings, custom cut gasketry, metal repairs......repairing someone else’s 40 yr old bad repairs...... “been there - done that!”

Drop me a text at 585-224-5453 (always good to send a pic of what you need repaired), or find me on Facebook! Best to text because I can’t always answer phone when i’m at workbench working on small repairs.

Wyatt Markus
-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Re: Still doing phonograph reproducer repairs! Fast turnaro

Post by travisgreyfox »

My dad just got his brunswick ultona back from ya. It sounds great and the turn around was super fast. 10/10

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Do you specialize in one or two makes of reproducer, or do you repair all of them? Do you replace diamond styli on Edisons and are the diamonds in stock? Oh, and I forgot. Can you get my 48 De Soto running again? Thanks, Marc.

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

MicaMonster wrote:This message posting is something I call “shaking the tree.” Winter started GREAT, but after the holidays repairs have slowed down. Although my workshop is NOT heated ( I am not able to do wood and finish repairs in the arctic temperatures), I am still able to repair springs, and do complete repairs to reproducers of all designs and makes.

Sapphire rotating, gaskets, diaphragms, bearings, custom cut gasketry, metal repairs......repairing someone else’s 40 yr old bad repairs...... “been there - done that!”

Drop me a text at 585-224-5453 (always good to send a pic of what you need repaired), or find me on Facebook! Best to text because I can’t always answer phone when i’m at workbench working on small repairs.

Wyatt Markus
I thoroughly enjoyed exploring your web site. Especially the naked lady on the C19 photo. Bet it sold a lot of Edison machines!
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Thinking I might send my Edisonic for a rebuild, so I can hear how it should properly sound...

Bill

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

Wyatt, good to know you are still out there doing good work. I may have a reproducer to send you in a week or so.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

audiophile102 wrote:
MicaMonster wrote:This message posting is something I call “shaking the tree.” Winter started GREAT, but after the holidays repairs have slowed down. Although my workshop is NOT heated ( I am not able to do wood and finish repairs in the arctic temperatures), I am still able to repair springs, and do complete repairs to reproducers of all designs and makes.

Wyatt Markus
I thoroughly enjoyed exploring your web site. Especially the naked lady on the C19 photo. Bet it sold a lot of Edison machines!
Ditto!

Chilesave
Victor II

Post by Chilesave »

I just got my Brunswick triple head back from Wyatt. Fantastic job and very fast turnaround!

This is the first time I have heard my diamond disc side play on my Brunswick in years! It sounds fantastic!

I really appreciate it Wyatt!