Union 2018

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonWizard
Victor III

Union 2018

Post by EdisonWizard »

Do we know when it’s going to be this year? I’m wanting to go this year for the first time and need to put my vacation selection in at work!
J.F.

melvind
Victor IV

Re: Union 2018

Post by melvind »

Here is the flyer from Wild West Town for the show this June. It is the sat and sun 9th and 10th of June. However, Friday the 8th is setup day and you can get an early buyer badge that lets you in for the entire weekend. Friday has always been my favorite day and often when I find that special thing I really wanted. Try not to miss Friday if you can make it work.

https://www.wildwesttown.com/vintage-music-show
Last edited by melvind on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

It would be the 8th, 9th & 10th of June. I'd strongly recommend you get there on the 7th so you can join the early buyers on the 8th. You need to pay extra to get in, $40, I think but it's well worth it.

Hope you make it. It would be great to see you there and you'll have a lot of fun!

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

It's advertised as June 9th & 10th. But as a die hard phono nerd you really want to be there early on Friday the 8th. It's well worth the early admission fee. Friday and Saturday are terrific and Sunday is a bargain hunter day. Hopefully there will be an open house at Jasper's on Saturday evening. If so, it is a MUST SEE. If anyone wants more Union suggestions the veterans from the Forum can provide more.

Jerry Blais

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Jerry B. »

All these quick replies indicate how much we love Union. Jerry

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Jerry B. wrote:All these quick replies indicate how much we love Union. Jerry
I'm looking forward to it already!

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Indeed Jerry! I’m hoping to meet a friend I’ve purchased some machines from as well from WA. Very excited to go this year. Would be great to put some faces to these names. I’m hoping one day to meet the otaps people as well! Heard great things.
J.F.

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

At least at this time I and Steven M, plus Nick and MIke who are also working on Edison Diaphragms with Steven, are planning to attend. I haven't been in many years now and probably only three times since I first heard about it in the late 70s. It is somewhat overwhelming and unless your willing to really pay, you probably aren't going to be buying much. I would however enjoy running into a few of the people I have met though my True Tone Diaphragms and those whom Steven provided them to as well.

What might be the closest hotels that are in the area. I used to stay at Rockford as did many others but I thought some others may have opened since those days?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Jerry B. »

Unless you're willing to really pay, you probably aren't going to be buying much.
I'd like to respectfully disagree. I feel like I always get good value for my money. I always go home with something I treasure and am unlikely to find near my home. I have never been disappointed and have gone for many years.

On the flip side I share part of a sales booth so I sell. In order to make a sale you must be competitively priced. The nicest machine that I'll take this year is a Victor MS with a spearpoint oak horn. It's a really nice machine but I expect to see all kinds of MS Victors at Union. Last year there were rear mount, front mount, and several rigid arm MS Victors. The only way I'll make a sale is to be competitively priced. That's why I think buyers get good value for their money.

If you're a bargain hunter there is always Sunday at Union. People that have mall space race around making offers of things to resell. On Sundays I have made offers and bought things but I don't drive all the way from Oregon to focus only on bargains.

Respectfully submitted, Jerry Blais

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Jerry B. »

We stay in Woodstock which is only fifteen minutes or so from Union. Woodstock is a cute little town where the move, Groundhog Day, was filmed. Dick Tracy Days is always about the same time as Union. Stan makes reservations and we stay at the Quality Inn or one of the motels in that chain (Quality Inn, etc)

Jerry Blais