A Haunting Photo

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Re: A Haunting Photo

Post by alang »

Is it confirmed that this photo is from the exact time when the crime was discovered? It could have been months or years before or after for all we know?

Andreas

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

alang wrote:Is it confirmed that this photo is from the exact time when the crime was discovered? It could have been months or years before or after for all we know?

Andreas
You're absolutely right, Andreas. It's only those little clues that suggest the crime had been only recently discovered. For all we know, that guy on the third floor with the funny hat was hanging wallpaper! :)

George P.

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

Jwb88 wrote:Thanks TinfoilPhono for looking up the story so I didn't have to! Could have done without all the author's social commentary, as I intended on quickly scrolling through for the facts. Never really solved, guy seemingly got away with it. If only Chief Inspector Barnaby was around, amazing what that chap finds out in less than an hour.

Hiding the body in a trunk is at least better than getting rid of the body via the Chinese restaurant...
And the door was locked from the inside! William Murdoch could use his skills in trace evidence.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

this is a case for Charlie Chan!!! That is a fantastic photo! If you haven't double clicked on it, do it and see the highly focused clarity! From those stripey awnings, horse drawn vehicles, and those all the way down to the ankles dresses, this must be somewhere around 1910-13 or even earlier!

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

More spookiness in that one old photograph.
"Fifteen members of Engine 54, Ladder 4, Battlaion 9 were killed.
That firehouse was the only one to have an entire shift killed that day. Those 15 firefighters were among the very first responders to get to the World Trade Center, and none of them made it back."
-internet news article.
Attachments
NYCphonos-small.JPG
NYCphonos-small.JPG (61.49 KiB) Viewed 697 times

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

What a great image! I wonder how the Chop Suey tasted? Sorry, my first thoughts are always of food... :oops:

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.