FOR SALE: Edison maroon Gem - $1200

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

FOR SALE: Edison maroon Gem - $1200

Post by TinfoilPhono »

I paid $1400 for this Gem in 1994 but it seems the market is softer today than then. (One in similar condition to this sold for $1280 on eBay recently.)

It is in overall very good condition, with original paint. The small end of the horn has some paint loss but the bell has no flaking. The finish on the lid is a bit rough but that never fazed me since it was stored in a closet anyway. I'm pretty sure the crane is a replica.

This has been a shelf queen for 24 years, on a high shelf where it was not very accessible. In other words: dusty. I have dusted it off but it needs cleaning with Gojo or similar, and a bit of polish to bring it back to full beauty. The nickel would spring back to life with a bit of 0000 steel wool. It runs but the belt is slipping. It would need some cleaning, oiling and adjustment for regular use. The K reproducer is loud and clear.

Gems were never great performers but the maroon Gem is unquestionably decorative! I can send additional pictures if desired, just let me know your email address.

Shipping is additional at cost. Paypal or checks are fine.
Attachments
IMG_2788.JPG
IMG_2799.JPG
IMG_2795.JPG
IMG_2794.JPG
IMG_2804.JPG
IMG_2805.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG
IMG_2787.JPG