00Y0Y_79nwBUYdLfb_1200x900.jpg
00j0j_8g8pPUXEs05_1200x900.jpg
00b0b_gjRlXJvGoCF_1200x900.jpg

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Re: Edison 2C

Post by briankeith »

Except for the missing grille pieces it looks decent.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I'd grab it if it were on the west coast. Marc.

apruizii
Victor II

Post by apruizii »

I picked it up this evening. It's complete with the Edisonic and LP reproducers, LP gear mechanism, original owners manual, and an Edison records catalog. The Edisonic reproducer works great, but I still have to test the LP reproducer. The missing leaf/badge piece in the lower left corner of the grill is included and just has to be glued back on. The original cloth also needs to be replaced. The cabinet is in very good condition...just needs a good cleaning. It also included a milk crate full of 78s and 8 Edison DDs.

Overall, I think this was a great find!

AR
Last edited by apruizii on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

apruizii wrote:I picked it up this evening. It's complete with the Edisonic and LP reproducers, LP gear mechanism, original owners manual, and an Edison records catalog. The Edisonic reproducer works great, but I still have to test the LP reproducer. The missing leave/badge piece in the lower left corner of the grill is included and just has to be glued back on. The original cloth also needs to be replaced. The cabinet is in very good condition...just needs a good cleaning. It also included a milk crate full of 78s and 8 Edison DDs.

Overall, I think this was a great find!

AR
Congratulations Adolfo! Would you please add your new acquisition to the data collection when you find time? This is a link to the post: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=24028

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

apruizii
Victor II

Post by apruizii »

Fran,

Thanks! I'll be sure to add it to the database. What is the value of this rare Edison machine?

Adolfo

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

apruizii wrote:Fran, What is the value of this rare Edison machine?Adolfo
I hate to say this, but in the past it seems as if the value of a Long Playing console is only related to the parts that make it a Long Playing machine. I have a 1-C I restored, and I haven't seen any indication that it's worth any more complete, than it is for what the gearing and reproducer would bring as parts. A 1-C recently sold on eBay for $399 (http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 14&t=33379), which is a lower dollar amount than sales I've seen of just the gearing and reproducers sold separated from their machines.

Personally, I feel that a complete Edison Long Playing machine is worth more than the sum of its parts. Complete units in good condition (and especially with the original grille cloth and grille accoutrements), aren't found everyday.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

apruizii
Victor II

Post by apruizii »

Fran, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I've seen the LP gearing mechanism and LP reproducer hard to find and pricy. Fortunately, I paid less than half of what the 1-C you mentioned sold for. Overall it's a cool machine and nice piece of history. Hopefully the LP reproducer works. I'll test it tonight with the one 24 minute LP I have.

Thanks,

Adolfo

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

The value is related to the demand and unfortunately most collectors don't have LP discs to play on it, since they are hard to find and expensive.
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

apruizii
Victor II

Post by apruizii »

Fran,

I just filled out the data collection survey and verified that the LP reproducer does work!

Adolfo