Edison Idelia Model D

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Edison Idelia Model D

Post by epigramophone »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDISON-IDELI ... %7Ciid%3A1

I know how rare this machine is, but to me it still seems like a lot of money for a Triumph in a party frock.
No horn, no reproducer and much remedial work to do, but hopefully someone will give it a good home.
Attachments
Idealia.jpg

soundgen
Victor V

Re: Edison Idelia Model D

Post by soundgen »

A friend of mine sold his complete Idelia in the 1980's for £18,000 and used the money to buy his council flat in London :D

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Post by epigramophone »

soundgen wrote:A friend of mine sold his complete Idelia in the 1980's for £18,000 and used the money to buy his council flat in London :D
The Idelia may have been a good investment, but the London flat will have been an even better one.

At about the same time, a friend of mine sold his HMV 203 and bought a 1934 Austin 12 with the proceeds.

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

epigramophone wrote:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDISON-IDELI ... %7Ciid%3A1

I know how rare this machine is, but to me it still seems like a lot of money for a Triumph in a party frock.
No horn, no reproducer and much remedial work to do, but hopefully someone will give it a good home.
IMO...This particular machine, as it is represented on eBay, may be priced a bit stout. However, I do know that the seller negotiates well. With that being said, the Idelia remains one of the rarest items of Edisonia in existence today...hence, the value. And quite honestly, nearly every machine that Edison produced seemed to simply be an modest upgrade from a previous, simpler model. Possibly the only item of Edisonia relative to the phonograph trade that does not follow this suit may be the Edison Doll.
Continuing, IMO, considering how I note collectors battle over a common Victor machine at auctions some time, with the result being hundreds if not thousands of dollars, I believe the elusive Idelia to be "cheap".

Schlick
Victor II

Post by Schlick »

Ah yes, my dream machine!!

(But my problem is: the price. For me is just that, a dream. But some day... Some day...)

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Of all the Edison machines out there, this one might be the most attractive...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDISON-B-375 ... 0012.m1985
Attachments
s-l1600-139.jpg
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife