Ebay bidding

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
Skihawx
Victor III

Re: Ebay bidding

Post by Skihawx »

How about a Victor I on e-Bay that closed over 4K? Just two people that want something and don't care at all about the value.
It appears to be more about not letting someone else "win". From 1K to 4K it was back and forth bidding between two bidders.
It if was something rare that would be one thing. One might not show up for years or is a first on e-Bay.
But a Victor I with a brass bell horn?

Mlund2020
Victor II

Post by Mlund2020 »

As with any auction, ebay or otherwise, what determines the final auction price often has less to do with what the high bidder is willing to pay but is usually determined by what the underbidder is willing to pay. I usually put my absolute highest bid that I am willing to pay right near the end of the auction, hoping to get it for far less than my high bid. If it is a hard to find piece that I really want I will occasionally bid more than I think that it is worth. If I get outbid, it is often my underbid that determined the final price, selling just slightly higher than my high bid. The high bidder might have been willing to bid much more if challenged.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Skihawx wrote:How about a Victor I on e-Bay that closed over 4K? Just two people that want something and don't care at all about the value.
It appears to be more about not letting someone else "win". From 1K to 4K it was back and forth bidding between two bidders.
It if was something rare that would be one thing. One might not show up for years or is a first on e-Bay.
Wait to see if it comes back up for sale again.

My guess would be that another seller with a competing Vic 1 bid this one up into the stratosphere to remove competition for one he was selling using two IDs or having two friends do it.

This happens a lot.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

I have often wondered about the early frenzy bidding by a few people bidding up the item early. It seems like it is the tailgate driver who has to have power. If it is bid too high I forget the item. It will come up again in time unless it is a rare item. I do not like to get into the frenzy unless I have to have the certain piece but I normally bid at the end. Tom B

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

I think sniping is the way to go ,then IF you have bidders remorse you can remove the bid before it ends.Additionally you can raise it too :)

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Not sure why this older thread all of a sudden has replies that have nothing to do with the initial question... :?

Fonotone
Victor II

Post by Fonotone »

gramophone-georg wrote:
Skihawx wrote:How about a Victor I on e-Bay that closed over 4K? Just two people that want something and don't care at all about the value.

My guess would be that another seller with a competing Vic 1 bid this one up into the stratosphere to remove competition for one he was selling using two IDs or having two friends do it.

This happens a lot.
It's not coming up for sale again. It was sold, settled, shipped and acknowledged.

-- Grant (the seller)
Visit TechnoGallerie -- Antique Phonographs & More

http://www.technogallerie.com

A Museum Of Science & Invention Where The Exhibits Are For Sale

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Fonotone wrote:
gramophone-georg wrote:

This happens a lot.
It's not coming up for sale again. It was sold, settled, shipped and acknowledged.

-- Grant (the seller)
So... it was you. :lol: Well, you can't blame us for guessing.

How does a Victor 1 go for 4K? Did it go overseas? Just curious. Brandon had to practically give his Victor E away last week.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Grant what model AK bread board ?,it looks like a smaller version of a 4066

Fonotone
Victor II

Post by Fonotone »

Vinrage_mania wrote:Grant what model AK bread board ?,it looks like a smaller version of a 4066
It's a 4052. Similar circuit, but only 1 RF stage before the detector.

-- Grant
Visit TechnoGallerie -- Antique Phonographs & More

http://www.technogallerie.com

A Museum Of Science & Invention Where The Exhibits Are For Sale