FOR SALE: Edison C4, plays great, $1250

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

FOR SALE: Edison C4, plays great, $1250

Post by MicaMonster »

All electronics gone through. Plays nicely. Can send video. $1250, and I can help with delivery to Wayne, NJ or Grand Rapids, MI
Attachments
F222A07A-3EBB-44FB-A2A2-D99BAD7B57FA.jpeg
-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!

marco
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Edison C4, plays great, $1250

Post by marco »

MicaMonster wrote:All electronics gone through. Plays nicely. Can send video. $1250, and I can help with delivery to Wayne, NJ or Grand Rapids, MI
Sent you PM and e-mail from your site.

Do you have a video on YouTube?

Thanks!
Mark

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

marco wrote:
MicaMonster wrote:All electronics gone through. Plays nicely. Can send video. $1250, and I can help with delivery to Wayne, NJ or Grand Rapids, MI
Sent you PM and e-mail from your site.

Do you have a video on YouTube?

Thanks!
Mark
How come you never responded to me? I live in Central Ohio; but could get up to Ann Arbor, Jackson or even all the way to Grand Rapids, MI to purchase this unit if I had to. Only drawback to that is that I would have to transport it on it's back in my SUV. I also have a very good shipper who could pick up and bring to me COD. I have been begging Skihawx to sell me his and am still waiting. While I wait I thought that I would contact you again. Only question right now is has the speaker been re-coned? I am a fan of re-coning early paper speakers; as they really have made other Edison C-4's that I have owned in the past give a bass and fidelity that I have never gotten from any other radio/phonograph. Does someone else wish to come forward who has one that has not been listed? I am giving up my plans to go to Union in a few weeks in the hope that I can secure one of the two C-4 Radio/Phonographs I found on the site and also a Decent, complete EDISONIC Phonograph. That will take care of my savings! Thanks! Mark Roberts
Last edited by marco on Sun May 13, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Ok no opinion just a statement the speaker in the C4 was supplied by Jensen and is in dozens of 1929~30 radios it is a D4

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

Vinrage_mania wrote:Ok no opinion just a statement the speaker in the C4 was supplied by Jensen and is in dozens of 1929~30 radios it is a D4
Sorry, edited my post; as I don't want to sound rude. Besides, this was supposed to be a PM and somehow I screwed up and posted it. Do you have a restored C-4 Radio Phonograph for sale? Best! Mark

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post by ChuckA »

Mark,

Can't help you with the C-4, but I have a couple of C-2's here if you have an interest in that model.

I have to agree with you on the sound quality of the C-4 after the speaker is re-coned. The only ones that I considered sounding good were the ones I spent the extra time having the cones replaced along with the electronic restoration.

Chuck

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Chuck the big question is do they have Backs? ...they always seem to be gone

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

ChuckA wrote:Mark,

Can't help you with the C-4, but I have a couple of C-2's here if you have an interest in that model.

I have to agree with you on the sound quality of the C-4 after the speaker is re-coned. The only ones that I considered sounding good were the ones I spent the extra time having the cones replaced along with the electronic restoration.

Chuck
Thank you, Chuck!

I think that you have contacted me a couple of times and a few of the forum members told me that you are the "Wizard" of Edison C-2 and C-4 Radio Phonograph restoration.

I appreciate your offer of the C-2's very much; but I already have a MINT original C-2 Radio/Phonograph with the original record books and back that is nearly always missing. Also have all of the original paperwork, sale brochures, etc... in addition to a nice collection of Edison Needle Types and Edison Electric Diamond Discs. Also have an extra radio chassis, and motorboard complete with an extra turntable, needle tin and, of course a second lateral/vertical Edison Horseshoe Pickup.

My desire was to get a restored C-4 Radio/Phonograph and then get my C-2 to you for proper restoration and a speaker re-cone. Aside from the ones I mentioned--there is only one other C-4 locally that I could pick up for a decent price. Unfortunately it has been badly re-finished with what looks like MinWax Polyshades and had veneer issues if you look way back on Skihawx post you will see the type of cabinet and restoration I am looking for: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... ison+Radio

I am also listing my EBAY history to show that I am an honest guy who pays his bills right away. Member since 9/14/1998 with only 100% Positive Feedback:
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI. ... 2531.l4585

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

Vinrage_mania wrote:Chuck the big question is do they have Backs? ...they always seem to be gone
I have NEVER seen one with a back; nor does it look like there is any hardware to mount a back. I even saw an original C-4 Radio-Phonograph that Thomas Edison gave Henry Ford for Greenfield Village so that they could play the Ford Old Time Dance Music on it for dances they held in the large attic of once of the houses in Greenfield village. Coming direct from Edison it was beautiful but also had no back. My personal opinion for what it's worth is that Edison did not put a back on the C-4 due to the extreme heat given off from the tubes of the radio and power supply. Would love to be proven wrong if anyone ever saw a back or has a photo of one that they would like to post to this thread. Best! Mark Roberts, Navarre, Ohio 44662-8102 Stark County.

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Mark the C2 had a back and the are gone half the time ...mine was one o those times :(