FOR SALE: Edison C4, plays great, $1250

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Edison C4, plays great, $1250

Post by Vinrage_mania »

And the speaker surround is made from the skin of the Carpinchoe rat (all 140 pounds of it) gloves too

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

Vinrage_mania wrote:And the speaker surround is made from the skin of the Carpinchoe rat (all 140 pounds of it) gloves too
I thought that you were joking!:
Carpincho leather

This kind of leather is one of the best leathers in the world. It is light in weight, flexible and water resistant. And despite that the leather is quite thin, it is very strong. These are the reasons why it’s so durable. The leather is very soft and pleasant to touch. Carpincho leather is characterized by the striking pore structure, the lighter 'dots '. The skin resembles a soft-grained, brown speckled suede. Carpincho is authentic Argentine. Argentina is the only country in the world that produces this type of leather. All this makes carpincho a unique kind of leather.

Maintenance

Because this leather is water resistant, it is easy to maintain. It is possible to wash the stained place. You do this by gently rubbing it with Glycerin soap and water. Leaving it to dry at room temperature or outside in the shadow. For more info, see the customer service.

What is a carpincho?

Carpincho leather comes from the capybara, in Argentina this animal is called carpincho. A capybara is the largest rodent in the world and lives in South America, especially in Argentina and Brazil. Because the animal lives partly in the water this leather is water resistant.

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

marco wrote:
Vinrage_mania wrote:And the speaker surround is made from the skin of the Carpinchoe rat (all 140 pounds of it) gloves too
Carpincho leather

This kind of leather is one of the best leathers in the world. It is light in weight, flexible and water resistant. And despite that the leather is quite thin, it is very strong. These are the reasons why it’s so durable. The leather is very soft and pleasant to touch. Carpincho leather is characterized by the striking pore structure, the lighter 'dots '. The skin resembles a soft-grained, brown speckled suede. Carpincho is authentic Argentine. Argentina is the only country in the world that produces this type of leather. All this makes carpincho a unique kind of leather.

Maintenance

Because this leather is water resistant, it is easy to maintain. It is possible to wash the stained place. You do this by gently rubbing it with Glycerin soap and water. Leaving it to dry at room temperature or outside in the shadow. For more info, see the customer service.

What is a carpincho?

Carpincho leather comes from the capybara, in Argentina this animal is called carpincho. A capybara is the largest rodent in the world and lives in South America, especially in Argentina and Brazil. Because the animal lives partly in the water this leather is water resistant.
I just noticed that your C-4 has four (4) knobs on the front of it. Could this be a "marriage" of and Edison Radio to the Radio/Phonograph chassis. I have read that this could be done as all Edison Radios had a Phonograph input installed whether there was a phonograph or not.

The ones that I have owned in the past had only the three (3) knobs like the one Skihawx has that I just bumped and I would much rather have that configuration. Someone Help!

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

marco wrote:

There is a video or two on you tube ! They are NOT meat eaters RCA and other makers bought it by the ton

Carpincho leather

Maintenance

What is a carpincho?

MicaMonster
Victor III
Personal Text: Never Settled

Post by MicaMonster »

The C4 Is sold
-Antique Phonograph Reproducer Restorer-
http://www.EdisonDiamondDisc.com
Taming Orthophonics Daily!