Victor O Are these things correct for thr O ?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Victor O Are these things correct for thr O ?

Post by Vinrage_mania »

I am in the process of restoring this machine and want some advice first are the screw holes in the top factory? Although the corner blocks look old they were held in with epoxy ,second the back has been split (and repaired) should i continue looking for another case ?? Since it is a simple case just replace that section . This version appears to use a normal Exhibition sound box (have that) although it is similar to the one that was in the YT recently the crank too is different thanks to one of the guys I have a horn coming Opinions :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

dutchman
Victor IV

Re: Victor O Are these things correct for thr O ?

Post by dutchman »

Hi. I've been told by the forum experts that many variations of the Model O exist. I have most of one :D I bid and won a Searchlight horn at a local auction, the auctioneer threw in the O. It needs a horn and elbow, I have been looking for these two items but I'm convinced there are none left on earth. Back to your machine, the motor board on mine does not have any additional holes other than the three motor screws. I appears the top was glued on. The ID says VIC O 14578 D. Hope this helps some. I added a few photos..

Bill K
      Attachments
      DSCN1327.JPG
      DSCN1327.JPG (122.32 KiB) Viewed 655 times
      DSCN1329.JPG
      DSCN1329.JPG (121.98 KiB) Viewed 655 times
      DSCN1330.JPG
      DSCN1330.JPG (122.85 KiB) Viewed 655 times

Vinrage_mania
      Victor II

Re: Victor O Are these things correct for thr O ?

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Thanks Bill mine had these glue blocks i am now wondering if they are factory ,tthe wood and screws are old might be the epoxy was added later,and yours had the special Exhibtion reproducer
      Attachments
      A6480993-BFBD-4B43-900F-E25BFAD51548.jpeg