Oregon to Union, 2018 (Phono Nerds Crossing America)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Oregon to Union, 2018 (Phono Nerds Crossing America)

Post by fran604g »

melvind wrote:A little selfie while driving in the car (Jerry is driving, not me taking the picture). While it might look like it, this is not Carpool Karaoke!!!! :roll: :lol:
Nice! I wonder if you guys passed my youngest daughter's boyfriend on his way to Oregon, where he's in for Wildland Firefighting for the summer.

I just got a notice from him 5 minutes ago that he arrived!

Have a safe trip!

Best,
Fran
FB_IMG_1528246864907.jpg
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

clarphon
Victor I

Post by clarphon »

Did I really survive that dip in the Snake River?? I do see myself in that car Selfie.

June 5....
We had a great time today with collectors near Waterloo, Iowa. Thanks to Craig and Earl who were our hosts in Evansdale. Stan

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Oops... I posted something I meant to put in the Yankee Trader and can't find a way to delete this post. So I just removed the content.
Last edited by melvind on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Today we started the day near Waterloo, IA. We spent the start of the day cleaning the mahogany Victrola IX (I think) record cabinet and the oak Edison B-250. They turned out quite nice so check them out on the Trader. We antiqued from Waterloo to Rockford, Illinois with stops several good stops. We didn't make any major phono purchases but bought a few fun smalls. Tomorrow we go to Beloit followed by Woodstock before we arrive at Donley's. All Stan wants to shop at extreme sporting goods stores. I think he wants to pick out his own parachute for our return trip past Twin Falls. He doesn't trust me. :o

Jerry Blais

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Perhaps the strangest thing we encountered next to an antique store was the Pet Cemetery we found this morning. I hope it is not the one from the Stephen King novel! :o

Do you think Nipper might be buried there? :lol: :roll:

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

We found a pretty nice antique store in Dyersville, Iowa called the Plaza Antique Mall. In the middle of the mall is really nice display of automobiles and various related signs. The store is across the street from the Farm Toy Museum so there are a lot of Farm related toys, but also some nice general antiques. I thought the middle portion of the store was perfect for a couple of pictures.

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

It was nice to meet you guys on the way through.
Til next time....

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Most unusual Union photos ever!
IMG_2230.JPG
Ready to hit the road literally.
IMG_2231.JPG
It's going all the way to Iowa so, just for safety, it's tied off to the antenna.
IMG_2232.JPG

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Here are the 3 booths we have this year. We normally have only one, but we had access this year to a couple of extras. Jerry Blais, Stan Stanford, and Dan Melvin drove and we met with Albert Menashe and Dale Lorang from the west coast to put the booths together. Here are a few pictures of our booths as we got setup this morning.

pianolist
Victor I

Post by pianolist »

Thanks for the pictures. Wish I was there.

Ron