By Any Means Necessary!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

By Any Means Necessary!

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Spotted at Union...pretty sure this guy takes the cake for dedication! He was supposedly “only” going 150 miles :?
7204AA70-5674-4AF3-92C7-550CF7D9072E.jpeg

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: By Any Means Necessary!

Post by fran604g »

:shock:
He better hope that foot doesn't come off!
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

CharliePhono
Victor III
Personal Text: "The kerosene record player is not a very efficient device." ~Frank Zappa

Post by CharliePhono »

I wish I had taken a picture of me hauling a Panatrope home in my Fiat 500! Ouf!

As for the pic, Brandon, I'd be terrified of: a) the machine falling out of the trunk, or; b) it tipping the car over :lol:

AmberolaAndy
Victor V

Post by AmberolaAndy »

Yikes! :shock: Good luck to that guy!

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

I can't say the word, which immediately came to mind to describe this person, in this conservative forum. Two syllables, rhymes with "plumbstruck."

I can merely shake my head and hope that Darwin's Law is temporarily suspended, for the sake of the machine at least. Feel sorry for the carload of folks riding behind, and hope they are alert enough to swerve out of harm's way when it falls.

Next stop, the mattress store, gonna get 'um a new mattress and single thin rope looped thru the windows, for the car roof. At freeway speeds, all you need to do to keep things secure is keep a grip on the mattress with your left hand, while steering with the right.

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

PeterF wrote:I can't say the word, which immediately came to mind to describe this person, in this conservative forum. Two syllables, rhymes with "plumbstruck."

I can merely shake my head and hope that Darwin's Law is temporarily suspended, for the sake of the machine at least. Feel sorry for the carload of folks riding behind, and hope they are alert enough to swerve out of harm's way when it falls.

Next stop, the mattress store, gonna get 'um a new mattress and single thin rope looped thru the windows, for the car roof. At freeway speeds, all you need to do to keep things secure is keep a grip on the mattress with your left hand, while steering with the right.
No Peter there is a better method put it on the roof run the rope in both windows to the coat hook things at the headliner after all they have one screw and plastic hook that way you can text what a great deal you got on the machine ! much safer that way :o

Damfino59
Victor II

Post by Damfino59 »

OMG!

I heard about this today but the actual photographic evidence is even more disturbing. Sorta like the before picture of the impending accident.

A good friend of mine transported a VTLA in a Toyota Corolla four door sedan. But some disassembly was required and nothing was exposed or hanging from the trunk.

Glenn

85corvetteman
Victor O
Personal Text: Vic II, Vic III, Schoolhouse, VV 8-4, VV-130, VV-280, VE-XVI, VV-VIII, VV-IV, VV-VI, Credenza

Post by 85corvetteman »

I have a Credenza stashed at my brothers that I need to get home at some point in time.
Maybe I could use this method, but would have to insure I’m not violating a patent rights infringement..
Great picture Brandon !!!

Terry

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Ridiculous and purely abusive, even if it makes the 150 miles.

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

Damfino59 wrote:...A good friend of mine transported a VTLA in a Toyota Corolla four door sedan. But some disassembly was required and nothing was exposed or hanging from the trunk.

Glenn
Now, that is dedication: partly disassembling your car to get a Victrola into it! ;)