Union 2018. My images from Saturday

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: Union 2018. My images from Saturday

Post by brianu »

OrthoSean wrote:The VTLA was $4k and it was super nice. The Circassian L-door pictured on the first page will be moving into its new home in New York very soon. It was a really great time.

Sean

Wow, so it pretty much just doubled in price between Texas and Illinois?

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =9&t=35544

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

I've been looking for a Victor O horn and elbow and I finally got to see one. Thanks for the photos. Bill K

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

rvwenger wrote:
brianu wrote:Great photos.

Is that flat top Pooley VTLA the same one that was recently sold through the forum, from Texas?

I dont know , but my wife spotted it right away. It was a beautiful looking machine. It was in the very back of building near the loading doors.
The guy selling it told me he’d owned it for something like 18 years so I doubt it. We also noticed it had a data plate with a serial number far too late for a flat top, so that was likely replaced at some point.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

HisMastersVoice wrote:
rvwenger wrote:
brianu wrote:Great photos.

Is that flat top Pooley VTLA the same one that was recently sold through the forum, from Texas?

I dont know , but my wife spotted it right away. It was a beautiful looking machine. It was in the very back of building near the loading doors.
The guy selling it told me he’d owned it for something like 18 years so I doubt it. We also noticed it had a data plate with a serial number far too late for a flat top, so that was likely replaced at some point.
Thanks brandon... I couldn’t see the serial number... the one on mine is pretty low, and I think the one from Texas was even lower, three digits... what got me though was the needle drawer, because aside from that one in Texas, I hadn’t seen another flat top with that feature.

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

Love seeing the pics of the show!

JRT

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

Here is a shot showing the crazy fun to be had at the show.
060918_0046.JPG
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Probably not an unusual occurrence for the prices to jump from buyer to show. On my way up though Illinois I ran into a Bombay Sonora with the metal tone arm which was selling at the show from 850 to around 500.00 for one with mechanical issues the dealer said. The one in the shop was nice with the original manual and brush and a few other things. Good finish, asking $ 275 which did seem reasonable to me. The ones at the show never sold while I was there so they might have been a bit high? Uprights of the Edisons were going quite reasonable. I wonder if the 250 at the rear side door down the ramp ever sold. It could have been easily cleaned up for the 200.00 asking price. Oak chippendales in good shape for around 450 seemed fair as well. My only buy was an a Edison disc with no label on either side which I took a chance to hear since it was a mid 1500's acoustic. Turned out to be a great piece called "Sunset" by Ray Nichols. I got a few other black label some of which I will enjoy cheap, and several others that were dirty enough to hide some damage, but all and all they are interesting and I will be posting some on my Acousticedison site on You Tube. The photos are great as said and it does make you feel like you were there.

We had a great time because I got to meet and attend the show with Steve and Noreen plus Nick and Mike all of whom are working to produce the best sound possible for Edison Owners.

Larry

brianu wrote:
OrthoSean wrote:The VTLA was $4k and it was super nice. The Circassian L-door pictured on the first page will be moving into its new home in New York very soon. It was a really great time.

Sean

Wow, so it pretty much just doubled in price between Texas and Illinois?

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =9&t=35544

fonograph
Victor II

Post by fonograph »

Does anybody know who had the Victor O posted in this picture?
Attachments
vicO.jpg

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

Ron Haring

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

Thank you Ronald for the wonderful pictures, and thank you for the Victrola XVI. It will be one of my Winter projects. Russie