SOLD: HORNS, Etc. - Various

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Raphael
Victor IV

SOLD: HORNS, Etc. - Various

Post by Raphael »

For the past several years I have continued to purchase various horns to match up with phonographs as they come and go. The problem is, some of the horns are so nice I hated to place them on common machines, so the inventory kept growing.

Now, my wife is having a fit since she initially allowed me to store them on one side of our bedroom armoire. When that stack grew too large, I took over the space on the other side of the armoire, justifying it as "symmetry". Then, several other stacks sprouted around the bedroom. She has now declared "enough is enough" and told me to clear them out. Interestingly, it was a similar declaration many years ago, when I had assembled a number of upright music boxes in our living room, that led me to the music box sales business, then to clocks and, ultimately, phonographs. In the long run, she didn't win, we now have many times the number of mechanical antiques in our house and she has resigned herself to accepting them, but the master bedroom is now off-limits.

So, I have started a new page on my website, dedicated mainly to my spare horns. Take a look:

http://www.musicaltreasuresofmiami.com/ ... s-etc.html

Please contact me by direct email (not PM) and I can provide additional pictures and pricing on individual items.

I will be adding more items as time allows.

thanks,

Raphael
Last edited by Raphael on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fonotone
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: HORNS, Etc. - Various

Post by Fonotone »

That spruce horn is gorgeous, Raphael. In fact, they're all gorgeous.

-- Grant
Visit TechnoGallerie -- Antique Phonographs & More

http://www.technogallerie.com

A Museum Of Science & Invention Where The Exhibits Are For Sale

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

I have now added prices, and, in some cases, dimensions, to the site:

http://www.musicaltreasuresofmiami.com/ ... s-etc.html

I might add, most of these horns are in excellent to mint condition, and some are reproductions. I will, of course, fully disclose all relative information to interested buyers.

thanks,

Raphael

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Interesting: I didn't know Columbia offered a 9 panel horn in plain brass... :geek:

Bill

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Lucius1958 wrote:Interesting: I didn't know Columbia offered a 9 panel horn in plain brass... :geek:

Bill

The horn category designations are intended to show what brand of machine they will fit, not who manufactured or offered them.

Raphael

Raphael
Victor IV

Re: SOLD: HORNS, Etc. - Various

Post by Raphael »

All of the remaining horns have been sold to one buyer, apologies to any and all who may have inquired, they are no longer available.

Raphael