Happy Father's Day !!!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
outune
Victor IV

Happy Father's Day !!!

Post by outune »

Happy Father's Day all you Phono-Dads. A day to enjoy the company of our kids---and to remember the great times with our own dads. My dad passed away over 25 years ago, but I still have great memories..... that include lots of auctions! :)

Though I posted this pic in April, I thought it would be a good day to post it again-- I'll be spending the afternoon with my daughter and new son-in-law.

Enjoy your day!

Brad Abell
Attachments
Wedding Dance.jpg

rvwenger
Victor I

Re: Happy Father's Day !!!

Post by rvwenger »

That's a very nice picture and memory. What were you dancing to? Hope everyone has a happy fathers day.

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

Happy Father's Day Brad and to all the other Fathers too.

Springmotor70
Victor I
Personal Text: Everybody Panatrope!

Post by Springmotor70 »

What a great photo and memory! - The image looks like an updated VTM advertisement with the machine in the foreground like that. Thanks for sharing and the nice post!

This was the second father's day without my dad, he passed last year just a couple weeks before. He helped me buy my first machine when I was only 11 years old. Years later he would listen to my records and note whenever he recognized a tune used in a movie. A few years ago I found a copy of Carlos Gardel performing his famous tango "Por Una Cabeza". I played it on a Credenza I keep at my parents house and from another room my father called out..."Scent of a Woman, True Lies...and Schindler's List!"

Happy Fathers day to all the dads here and past.
"I think he was vaccinated with a phonograph needle"
My Old Boss 1923 - 2010