SOLD: VE10-50X fully restored - $1,500

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
SpiritofRadio
Victor Jr

SOLD: VE10-50X fully restored - $1,500

Post by SpiritofRadio »

I've reduced the price of this wonderful piece to what I have put in it. I"ve enjoyed playing it and having it in my home but it needs to find a permanent home. I just don't have the room.

This is a truly beautiful example of a 10-50x. Stored indoors its entire life, I acquired it from the great-granddaughter of the original owner. I believe it was purchased in North Carolina originally. I am in Richmond Virginia and it is kept at my home. All seven pot metal parts have been replaced with newly manufactured parts. PM me for details if you are interested in where the parts came from and if you would like pictures of the new parts. It is fully adjusted and a YouTube video exists which can be viewed by clicking on the link below. I would like to entertain offers from collectors who wish to keep it and add it to their collection. I am simply looking to get back what I have in it and hopefully a little extra for the effort. The longer I have this playing in my home however....the harder it is going to be to part with it :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-l0OJcjwJo
Attachments
7parts.jpg
20180708_175733.jpg
20180708_175615.jpg
20180708_175633.jpg
20180708_175723.jpg
20180708_180818.jpg
Last edited by SpiritofRadio on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

PeterF
Victor IV

Re: FOR SALE: VE10-50X fully restored - Inquire

Post by PeterF »

Your (and its) location, please? Please also post the link to the youtube video demo here, and pix of the new/replacement parts, too.

Thanks.

SpiritofRadio
Victor Jr

Post by SpiritofRadio »

Video link added, location and photo of replacement parts also added. Thanks!!

maginter
Victor II

Post by maginter »

Price?
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

SpiritofRadio
Victor Jr

Post by SpiritofRadio »

Please PM me to discuss the price. I have about $1,500 in it, and about 20 hrs of restoration. You fine folks know more than me of what it is worth, so I would simply like to get back my investment and maybe a little for the effort. Thanks for looking and please ask any questions you like. I have about 6 good tungs-tone needles for her, and am trying to get more to go with the purchase before it's sold. Got to have them for this particular player.

SpiritofRadio
Victor Jr

Post by SpiritofRadio »

victor 15-1
Victor I
Personal Text: to own an electrola is a blessing

Post by victor 15-1 »

SpiritofRadio wrote:This is a truly beautiful example of a 10-50x. Stored indoors its entire life, I acquired it from the great-granddaughter of the original owner. I believe it was purchased in North Carolina originally. I am in Richmond Virginia and it is kept at my home. All seven pot metal parts have been replaced with newly manufactured parts. PM me for details if you are interested in where the parts came from and if you would like pictures of the new parts. It is fully adjusted and a YouTube video exists which can be viewed by clicking on the link below. I would like to entertain offers from collectors who wish to keep it and add it to their collection. I am simply looking to get back what I have in it and hopefully a little extra for the effort. The longer I have this playing in my home however....the harder it is going to be to part with it :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-l0OJcjwJo
Is the "VICTROLA" decal there..I cannot see it.

SpiritofRadio
Victor Jr

Post by SpiritofRadio »

I've seen some models that have a decal behind the changer on the back wall, and many without. Not sure if it was a feature only on during a certain run period. This does not have a decal, and I see no evidence that there ever was one.

maginter
Victor II

Post by maginter »

SpiritofRadio wrote:I've seen some models that have a decal behind the changer on the back wall, and many without. Not sure if it was a feature only on during a certain run period. This does not have a decal, and I see no evidence that there ever was one.

To my knowledge, every Victor machine had a decal. That was there marking. If the decal is missing, then it has more than likely been removed or it is a reproduction back.

Something else I did notice in your picture is that I see no loop on the top of the record loader shaft? There were two types. The early version with a loop attached to the shaft on the loader. The later version was one piece construction with an arrowhead type tip for connecting to the loader. The top of the loader shaft looks to blunt for the arrowhead version. Is the loop there?

Mark
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

There should also be a decal inside the player compartment door with instructions on it (also a decal) and that seems to not be there. The finish seems kind of light compared to all the 10-50s I've seen, so perhaps this was refinished at some point in its life.

Sean