NEW RELEASES ON RESIN CYLINDER

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
FellowCollector
Victor IV

Re: NEW RELEASES ON RESIN CYLINDER

Post by FellowCollector »

WDC wrote:Master production of the next 4-minute title will likely start by end of May (Edison 5704, GGO - Button up your overcoat). I am about to get a decent transfer of the correct take.
I have an E+ Edison Diamond Disc original of #52513 "Button Up Your Overcoat" and I would be pleased to be added to the list of buyers of the cylinder version whenever it is ready. For anyone unfamiliar with this wonderful, toe-tapping recording on Edison here is a link to the video I posted years ago on my MusicBoxBoy YouTube channel of the record playing on one of my A-250's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Bae6C6wTQ

Doug

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

WDC wrote:Master production of the next 4-minute title will likely start by end of May (Edison 5704, GGO - Button up your overcoat). I am about to get a decent transfer of the correct take.
Hey Norman! Check your e-mails. I no longer have a copy of Button Up Your Overcoat--I believe that an ex-friend who used to come and visit walked off with several of my late edison DD's.

HOWEVER, I sent you a list of 14 LATE Diamond Disc Titles that I have that I used to have on blue amberol; but had to sell the amberols off when money was tight. They represent some of the best and latest recordings Edison made. I would loan any of them to you to transfer to cylinder so that I could replace the ones I had to part with and will never replace. Resin or original--I have no preference.

Let me know if you want to borrow any. I Do Not have the equipment to properly record digital copies and kind of dropped out of the collecting circuit after I was robbed several years ago.

P.S. I offered them to Don Wilson, too who wants to borrow most of them to master for one sided diamond disc copies; but technically I offered them to you first.

Mark

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Thanks a lot, Mark. I will certainly look through them. I just a rough week as I must have caught a virus and wasn't, much better now. :)

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Well, finally... here it is. I am quite pleased how it turned out as the cut plays quite nicely on both Diamond and Model O reproducers, although I always prefer the heavy ones.

[youtubehd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-zXfkPgWw[/youtubehd]

Right now I have only three copies in stock but hope to have some more in a couple of days.

martinola
Victor III

Post by martinola »

That's pretty awesome, Norman. Very nice transfer. I am also very impressed by the performance of your early Home. It plays so smoothly - you must have spent some time adjusting it. Great work!

Martin

Zwebie
Victor IV
Personal Text: We are only the caretakers for future generations.

Post by Zwebie »

I'll take one!

Email Sent

Bob S.

Mlund2020
Victor II

Post by Mlund2020 »

I’ll take one if still available. PM sent

Mike

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Many thanks for the nice feedback, all PM's have been answered now.

Interestingly, my Edison Home did play that well from the very first day I bought it 19 years ago, it has been my work horse ever since. It's the same machine that I used to record the Tiger Rag last summer.

marco
Victor II

Post by marco »

WDC wrote:Many thanks for the nice feedback, all PM's have been answered now.

Interestingly, my Edison Home did play that well from the very first day I bought it 19 years ago, it has been my work horse ever since. It's the same machine that I used to record the Tiger Rag last summer.
Hi Norman!

I just wanted to let you know that I did get your recent e-mail and just got my "new" cylinder today. The cylinder and the record case design are absolutely "Top Notch" and the record it so nice and clear and quiet--i.e. hardly any surface noise.

Still looking for a way to get you a digital copy of the diamond disc that you want from me to release as your next issue. Maybe let me know when you will be in the United States and who you will be staying with and maybe I could mail just the one record to whoever you would be staying with and whoever has custody of your turntable in the U.S.

Got to also get several to Donnie; but can only do one thing at a time or I get confused. For him I will probably have to travel at least ½ way vs. mailing the bulk of my Electric Diamond Discs; as I do not trust the Post Office and can't chance loosing my records all at once.

Best!
Mark Roberts

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

WDC wrote:Many thanks for the nice feedback, all PM's have been answered now.

Hi Norman,

I, too, received my beautiful cylinder recording of "Button Up Your Overcoat". The art work , as well, is beautiful, too.
Is it true you will be bringing a couple of new Diamond Discs to Wayne this fall?
If so, please put me down as a buyer.

Thanks, exceedingly.

John