Odd Record Player Cabinet with push levers to remove records

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
larryh
Victor IV

Odd Record Player Cabinet with push levers to remove records

Post by larryh »

I have been wondering since I saw something today. It was a rather short record cabinet but deep, obviously to hold a table model phonograph. The part I hadn't seen before was all the slots had little wooded levers that stuck out and if you pushed down on it the record in the slot comes sliding forward out of the hole. When you put the record back in it then resets to the lever being up again. I was tempted to buy it but not really sure if I would make a good use of it. Plus I don't know what brand or how much it might or might not be worth. It had thin queen ann style legs on the four corners. Someone have an ad or information on it and perhaps some clue as to what range might be right if one were to buy it?

Larry

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Odd Record Player Cabinet with push levers to remove rec

Post by Curt A »

What was the asking price?
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

The Eject-O-File cabinet which is used with an Edison Chalet uses this system . It has been discussed elsewhere in the forum
9FF3A2A1-6D3B-49EE-975B-88E2AD1ECABE.jpeg
97C3135D-7CE4-4B84-82C7-9D58BCC438AE.jpeg

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

"Plus I don't know what brand or how much it might or might not be worth. It had thin queen ann style legs on the four corners. Someone have an ad or information on it and perhaps some clue as to what range might be right if one were to buy it?"

For $50, what is your concern about the price? :? If it works and you like it, you aren't taking a gamble, as it couldn't be priced for much less... unless they gave it to you... :roll:

Honestly, I don't understand the concern about what it is worth or how much you should pay...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

I ask about it because I hadn't seen one before like it and wanted a few opinions on if it were something worth buying. Since I collect mostly Edison Records and Machines now I suppose it was something I should have picked up when I saw it. I agree the cost is pretty low. They had regular records in it so it wasn't obvious to me that it might have been specifically for Edison records. I had a great condition Chalet machine at one point but sold it. Mostly I wondered how common they were to find. And if so then I might be tempted to buy it even if I don't have a use for it at the moment.

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

Happy to find this thread. I recently brought home an Edison Chalet with an Eject-o-File record cabinet. Got the Chalet and cabinet together. These 2 pieces have been together always, I suspect. Very cool!

This B-19 was the one that was in the 'What a Difference' thread, with before and after pics of the finish.

Cliff
Attachments
IMG_4098.JPG
IMG_4097.JPG
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8