SOLD: Portable Orthophonic Sound Box for rebuild

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

SOLD: Portable Orthophonic Sound Box for rebuild

Post by fran604g »

Hiya folks,

This came with the Credenza X I recently acquired. I replaced it with a proper beautiful MicaMonster-rebuilt sound box, so I certainly don't need this guy.

I have it completely disassembled, and it is eminently rebuildable, IMHO.

It was previously "reconditioned" in the past, with some problematic "repairs" to the needlebar taper end; a cracked and damaged diaphragm; and missing needle bar pivot ball bearings. The 2 bearing "cups" are present and removed (they were not loose, and had to be pressed out), but only one ball bearing retainer "washer" was present. 8 original ball bearings are present.

ALL other parts are present as far as I know -- see pics to be certain.

The front bezel, rear body, and retaining ring (except for small chip - see photo) are in great condition with no major cracks (only faint hairline cracks). I'm not sure why the retaining ring was chipped, it unscrewed easily for me with the blade of a screw driver.

The spider is in great condition, and can be reused.

The needlebar might need to be replaced. The 2 "fingers" at the spider were attached to the needle bar with some kind of glue or epoxy -- I don't know if they're supposed to be a part of the needle bar, or soldered to it, or what. I'll leave that up to the experts to chime in with their expertise.

I'm not sure how much these may typically sell for, so I'll begin with $50 plus cost of shipping in the continental United States (only), or I can send it along with George Paul to the fall Wayne show with free shipping, if paid for in advance. If the asking price is too high, I'm sure I'll be tutored quickly.

PayPal "Friends and Family" preferred, or personal check (shipped after the check clears).

First to PM me "sold" gets it.

Best,
Fran
Front-1.JPG
Front-2.JPG
Rear-1.JPG
Disassembled.JPG
Bezel inside.JPG
Rear inside.JPG
Rear outside.JPG
Retaining ring chip.JPG
Spider.JPG
Needle bar and bearing cups.JPG
Last edited by fran604g on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

fran604g
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: Portable Orthophonic Sound Box for rebuild - $

Post by fran604g »

*Price drop*

Now $80 plus cost of shipping in the continental United States (only), or I can send it along with George Paul to the fall Wayne show with free shipping, if paid for in advance. If the asking price is too high, I'm sure I'll be tutored quickly.

PayPal "Friends and Family" preferred, or personal check (shipped after the check clears).

Best,
Fran
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Bumperooo

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

*Price drop*

Now $70 plus cost of shipping in the continental United States (only), or I can send it along with George Paul to the fall Wayne show with free shipping, if paid for in advance. If the asking price is too high, I'm sure I'll be tutored quickly.

Best,
Fran

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

*Price drop*

Now $60 plus cost of shipping in the continental United States (only), or I can send it along with George Paul to the fall Wayne show with free shipping, if paid for in advance. If the asking price is too high, I'm sure I'll be tutored quickly.

I'm a little confused at why this hasn't yet sold. I've seen much worse cracked and falling apart examples sell on eBAY for more than $60, it seems. What gives?

Best,
Fran

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

*Price drop*

Now $50 plus cost of shipping in the continental United States (only), or I can send it along with George Paul to the fall Wayne show with free shipping, if paid for in advance.

I'm a little confused at why this hasn't yet sold. What gives?

Best,
Fran

A Ford 1
Victor II

Post by A Ford 1 »

see pm

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

A Ford 1 wrote:see pm
Hi Allen, your email has been received and replied to, thank you.

Best,
Fran

fran604g
Victor VI

Re: SOLD: Portable Orthophonic Sound Box for rebuild

Post by fran604g »

SOLD! Thank you, Allen.