Post by Herman »

Attachments
5708.jpg

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Any bets on this one? 5708

Post by Curt A »

I'll bet that anyone who is "lucky" :roll: enough to get this, deserves to pay too much... It's hard to listen to it one time without banging my head against a wall... :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjY-jT7fG1k
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Herman
Victor II

Post by Herman »

Sold for $1512.78

Ebay is going from bad to worse. Why on earth are they now redirecting your saved links to another item after auction ends.

If you save a link to an item you are interested in it stands to reason you will want to see the outcome of the auction. DUMB!!!!

You can still see the item if you marked it watched b4 auction end so what is the point?

If you did not mark it watched, you can locate it by selecting sellers other items and check "completed / sold items"

Wait there is more. I just tried the methods I stated above and although you can see the list, when you select the item it also redirects so you cannot view the original listing ..... DUMB DUMB DUMB

Another update: I clicked on the sellers other sold items and the older ones that ended a couple days ago opens the ended items original listing OK, so assuming who knows what Ebay is thinking.

Skihawx
Victor III

Post by Skihawx »

Once ebay redirects you to another auction, look in the upper left corner about ⅓ the way down. You will see listing in a slightly different purple color, inside the light blue banner. If you click on the word listing it takes you back to the auction you want to see.

Herman
Victor II

Post by Herman »

Skihawx wrote:Once ebay redirects you to another auction, look in the upper left corner about ⅓ the way down. You will see listing in a slightly different purple color, inside the light blue banner. If you click on the word listing it takes you back to the auction you want to see.
Thanks for the tip... Good Eye :)

Again I say Ebay is Dumb and Stupid :)

Miss the old days when you could see everything including list of all the bidders so we know whose house to stalk :)

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

When I check on a saved item, I click on the bidder's history and get the final price. Yes, that new system is totally hosed up. We'll see if that gets changed, too.
Harvey Kravitz

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I just tried that. It works!!!!
Harvey Kravitz
Herman wrote:
Skihawx wrote:Once ebay redirects you to another auction, look in the upper left corner about ⅓ the way down. You will see listing in a slightly different purple color, inside the light blue banner. If you click on the word listing it takes you back to the auction you want to see.
Thanks for the tip... Good Eye :)

Again I say Ebay is Dumb and Stupid :)

Miss the old days when you could see everything including list of all the bidders so we know whose house to stalk :)

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

...and the recommended item is from a different seller - go figure. I guess fixing things that aren't broken helps techies keep their jobs.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Ebay doesn't get a sale by letting you look at a closed item. They redirect you to get you to bid, but they don't know us, do they? Good you can still see the ended auction. Thanks Skihawk!