Re: Electrola registry

Post by Vinrage_mania »

A quadcoptor with gopro attached!! :roll:

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

You guys crease me up!

Back to the original idea. I've more questions. Is anyone able to gather the information into some kind of listing? Or should we just submit it here and organize it as we go along? What would be the goal or purpose of such list? Cheers, Russie

victor 15-1
Victor I
Personal Text: to own an electrola is a blessing

Post by victor 15-1 »

startgroove wrote:You guys crease me up!

Back to the original idea. I've more questions. Is anyone able to gather the information into some kind of listing? Or should we just submit it here and organize it as we go along? What would be the goal or purpose of such list? Cheers, Russie
I think the purpose would be one of personal enrichment for all of us.It pleases me greatly to hear of a discovery by a fellow collector of a new piece.These are really fascinating pieces and I would love to know what is out there and what is left.
Antique car people have it for their stuff,why shouldn't we?

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

Well said, I like how you put that. Okay, so I'll get a few together in the next few days. Should we start a new thread to eliminate the discussion about how to go about it? Russie

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

yes a thread with just DATA...... then someone can distill that into a real database

and i do not mean Data from Star Trek TNG ;)

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

Perhaps it should be called "Pre-1935 Electric Phonograph Registry", or some title that would include anything electrically powered up to that date? There were some electric motor only, some electrically amplified, some with battery radio and acoustic crank phonograph, and other combinations. Would they all be included? Sorry to make it so complicated, I'm just trying to be practical.

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Post by Vinrage_mania »

well the Victor VV215 (I think) was set up for radio panels (that might be better addressed on ARF) I think this should be electrically amplifier ...AC powered ....Radio Phonographs ,all brands ...but then there is the other unique set up like the Phono set up for the Magnovox Telemegaphone hummm ;)

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

startgroove wrote:Perhaps it should be called "Pre-1935 Electric Phonograph Registry", or some title that would include anything electrically powered up to that date? There were some electric motor only, some electrically amplified, some with battery radio and acoustic crank phonograph, and other combinations. Would they all be included? Sorry to make it so complicated, I'm just trying to be practical.
I would have to say that 1935 was the start of what my mind tells me is the "modern " era electric phonograph.
The machines before that (even motor operated turntable only) were such a skyrocket of technology for the time how many can there be left..and if there is alot left lets hear about them!
Electric phonographs
Radio
Talking pictures..all this development come to sophistication in a few short years but neglected by the rank and file of today..WHERE ARE THESE THINGS? WHO HAS THEM? LETS SEE THEM!

victor 15-1
Victor I

Post by victor 15-1 »

Vinrage_mania wrote:well the Victor VV215 (I think) was set up for radio panels (that might be better addressed on ARF) I think this should be electrically amplifier ...AC powered ....Radio Phonographs ,all brands ...but then there is the other unique set up like the Phono set up for the Magnovox Telemegaphone hummm ;)
I want to learn about them!

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

I think the category that was already mentioned- with a slight modification would work-Pre 1937 electrola radio/phonograph combo would work or simply the one that Start-grove posted.

In any case who do we go to to get this put on a forum listing and what might be the process?

Abe