Brunswick Parisian help/question

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

Brunswick Parisian help/question

Post by phonophan79 »

Greetings -

Just a acquired this sweet little machine, and have a few questions.

1) The "bowl-like" screw that attaches the paper cone to the arm... is in two pieces (see photo). This is supposed to be one piece, correct? It makes it a little more difficult to get on there but seems to work. Do you think this affects operation?

2) Was it ever determined if there is still someone out there selling reproduction paper cones? he one included is in decent shape, i'd just rather have a new one, if possible.

3) I'm going to keep playing with it but overall it sounds pretty soft. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and help!
Attachments
20180905_055638.jpg

rizbone
Victor III

Re: Brunswick Parisian help/question

Post by rizbone »

There was someone on this forum selling Polly Portable cones not too long ago, which might work for this machine. I don't think you will have a problem with the two pieces as long as you can screw them down tight.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

1) Having the cone screw down in 2 pieces will not affect the sound in any way. In fact, mine is missing the "dish" part. I made a smaller replacement out of the bottom of an aluminum soda can and it works just fine.

2) Not sure if replacement cones/horns are still available, but see this thread:
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... polly+horn

3) Check to see if the rubber pivot points between the needle holder and the reproducer "block" are present and pliable. You can do what I did and make replacement out of a short piece of rubber tubing, llike the gaskets used for Exhibition reproducers.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

The man selling these horns and instruction disks is Curt A. on this Forum. He does a great job making these.
Harvey Kravitz