Report - Grayslake Phono Show

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AudioAntique
Victor II
Personal Text: "There is always a way to do it better....find it" Thomas Edison

Report - Grayslake Phono Show

Post by AudioAntique »

We are pleased to report that the "Accent on Phonographs" show at Grayslake was a success. This is a show for the general public in combination with the Grayslake Antique Market. The building is big and we had 25 tables, which is only a fraction of the total number of vendors

The main objective of this show is to promote the phonograph hobby. We had very good interest in our local society and APS. Many inquired about the value and history of their phonograph. Others were amazed at with the technology of these pre-electric machines. Youngsters were fascinated with the mechanics and phonograph accessories such as the dancing toys. We inform interested public of local societies and APS explaining the information provided on the APS website such as values and in-depth information on the various phonograph models.

John Hauger gave an outstanding presentation and his display was impressive and attractive. This year his subject was the Pan American Exposition of 1901. The presentation was well attended.

Consider participating in this event in 2019. It will again be held the second weekend in September. This is your opportunity to enjoy fellow collectors, promote our hobby of phonograph collecting and APS to potential phonograph collectors and members. The music box society is also promoted at this event and this year there was more interest than ever.

Everyone had a fun time and we thank Zurko promotions for the opportunity to promote the phonograph hobby to the general public.

Rob & Joan
Attachments
Setting Up Displays
Setting Up Displays
Display Area
Display Area
Promoting the Hobby
Promoting the Hobby
Display at Fair Presentation
Display at Fair Presentation
WIMAPS Members Enjoying the Evening
WIMAPS Members Enjoying the Evening
http://www.audioantique.com - Books featuring: Hearthstone Historic House Museum, Nipper Collectibles, Nipper items, Phonograph Dolls & Toys; Items for sale.

Damfino59
Victor II

Re: Report - Grayslake Phono Show

Post by Damfino59 »

This was a good show though not as large some of the other ones. Nice assortment of machines and I even saw a nice Victor 5 change hands.

Nice selection of records and I was able pick up some nice dime store Banner dance bad stuff.

Also I stay overnight in Fox River Grove with friends and make a nice weekend trip out of this.

Looking forward to next year! :P

Glenn

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

If only we knew in what state/province/nation Grayslake might be...

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

PeterF wrote:If only we knew in what state/province/nation Grayslake might be...
http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=36894
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Danke Georg.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

PeterF wrote:Danke Georg.
Bitte, mein Freund. ;)
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Gatyam
Victor I

Post by Gatyam »

You could look up the location on your computer. I heard they have the internet on computers now. ;)