For Sale: AMBEROLA 30 PRE-CUT VENEER KITS $25 plus shipping

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

For Sale: AMBEROLA 30 PRE-CUT VENEER KITS $25 plus shipping

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Hello!

I have decided to start selling pre-cut veneer tops, sides, and back panels for the Amberola 30 phonograph. (The only one I have dimensions for currently.)

The veneer stock I have is wood-backed, riftsawn oak like that used by Edison. Just shave to perfect fit, glue down and stack a dictionary on it, and then get ready to stain and shellac the case.

Pay by Western Union or U.S. money order, or send a check. Classical, ragtime, and old-time country records are a preferred method of payment, however.

This is a start up--I plan to expand production and start selling more veneer kits ready to go, saving collectors the hassle of trying to buy enormous rolls of veneer, have them shipped, and then only use a tiny bit.

Thanks for looking,
Charles F.
Carolina Phonograph Co.

Jwb88
Victor II

Re: For Sale: AMBEROLA 30 PRE-CUT VENEER KITS $25 plus shipp

Post by Jwb88 »

I don't need any, but I just want to say I LOVE this idea.

A+.

I'm actually casually looking for a junker Amberola 30, and since they seem to all have veneer issues, I might just need some veneer soon!

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Thanks!

I got my Amberola from ShopGoodwill--believe it or not, when I dumped out most of the roach fras and broke the stickiness loose at the horn neck, it was able to play records! Took 20 or 30 minutes to go from seized-up static display to Roaring Twenties jam sesh.

Am hoping to get dimensions for machines like the Amberola 50 but I'm gonna start with the little 30 right now. Someone advised me to sell top veneer separately because that part falls off frequently--also an option, in case all you need is a top.

fmblizz
Victor IV

Post by fmblizz »

wow,,, great idea and a super price.

A lot of 30's out there that could use some help...

blizz

phonodesbois
Victor II

Post by phonodesbois »

Hi, what a wonderful idea!
Would you ship a kit to Europe and what would be the cost via USPS (it's not an emergency!)?
Many thanks,
Jeff

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Jeff,

I most certainly would ship you some Veneer from here to France. It's going to be around $42.26 to $46 to ship by Priority Mail (in the flat-rate boxes) so I am going to look into something cheaper. However, it's still cheaper than shipping an enormous roll of veneer (like I did) or trying to mail a good-condition 30, which isn't exactly easy to find in America or Europe!

PM me an address and I'll get it coming. I'd have pictures up of my finished 1924 Amberola 30, Third Series, but there is no grill and I want to fix that first.

Thanks,
Charles F.

PS> We're fixingto get creamed by Hurricane Florence so don't get in too big a hurry... :?

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Love this idea !! Bill K

cweastlick
Victor II

Post by cweastlick »

I would buy some if you accepted PayPal.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

All right then, PayPal me!

Now don't get in too big a hurry. I might have to skedaddle for Georgia with this hurricane fixing to stomp South Carolina so if I have any phonographs left when this is over then I'll get cutting that veneer.

PM me with your interest and I'll get you set up. Now if you just wanted to mail a check that'd be fine...I don't mind either way though.

Good luck everybody with their orders--Jeff in France and cweastlick...keep em coming!

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:All right then, PayPal me!

Now don't get in too big a hurry. I might have to skedaddle for Georgia with this hurricane fixing to stomp South Carolina so if I have any phonographs left when this is over then I'll get cutting that veneer.

PM me with your interest and I'll get you set up. Now if you just wanted to mail a check that'd be fine...I don't mind either way though.

Good luck everybody with their orders--Jeff in France and cweastlick...keep em coming!
Eppy... stay safe! I hear it's going to be bad. Bigly!
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek