person event trivia

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

person event trivia

Post by DGPros »

Hey guys, thought I would share an event here in NJ. It's a 3 day Jazz event, thAt stops in a different nearby town each day. Tonights festivities takes place across the street from a historical event from early last century. Songs had been written about the person, and at the present time, there is a fight to save the hotel where this took place.guesses? Oh and names some of the tunes. :coffee: I'm thinking this group will figure it out quickly. Some pictures to help.
Attachments
20180914_190445.jpg
20180914_190619.jpg
20180914_193336.jpg
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

Henry
Victor V

Re: person event trivia

Post by Henry »

Flemington, NJ. The Hunterdon County Courthouse is where the Lindbergh baby kidnapping trial of Bruno Hauptmann took place. Not too far from me, and you can get there from here, unlike Princeton!

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Post by DGPros »

You got it Henry. The Union Hotel is right across the street from the old courthouse. There is a push to save the Hotel as a landmark, since the "trial of the century" took place there. The old hotel is in bad shape, and the hopes of using it as a hotel are slim, since there is only one bathroom on the floor for all the rooms. I doubt it would go very well in this day and age. :shock:
Since this is in the MUSIC section, how about some of the tunes (sorry I wasn't sure where to put this post :| )

(Some old photos and I do believe the Hotel will be saved as of middle of last year)
Attachments
Flemington-I.jpg
union hotel.jpg
courthouse.jpg
courthouse.jpg (61.09 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

"there is only one bathroom on the floor for all the rooms. I doubt it would go very well in this day and age. :shock:"

Actually, it might go over big in this day and age, considering all of the co-ed dorms and bathrooms at colleges these days... ;)
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

That certainly is a well funded bank...
(scroll down on the picture for the full view)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 4.07.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 4.07.51 PM.png (150.99 KiB) Viewed 1211 times
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife