What is the weirdest recording you own?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Re: What is the weirdest recording you own?

Post by travisgreyfox »

melvind wrote:The weirdest record I own is the OKeh Crying record. Disturbing and just plain strange.

https://youtu.be/FOtH8bFfb5k

That is strange and kinda creepy. What was this recorded for? Art? Listening pleasure? (doubt it).

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

bfinan11 wrote:
drh wrote:Maybe even more peculiar is Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus in Iroquois.
I had no idea there was even an Iroquoian-speaking recording industry. How did that one come about? And why Mozart?
I'm guessing it was produced by some Catholic church in Canada. It's a late 78 in vinyl, nice pressing, not a home-cut disk, but it bears no maker's name. I have a companion disk that contains, among other things, a Gregorian chant. The Mozart label is below, carrying number BM-1620. The other side of the record is numbered BM-1619; the companion record labels are numbered BM-1621 and BM-1622.
Attachments
Mozart.jpg

AtariWizard
Victor Jr

Post by AtariWizard »

This 78 is by far my strangest, its just a lady saying hello and good day over and over. I guess the intention is that the bird picks up some of what she is saying. Seems somewhat useless considering you can talk to the bird yourself.
Attachments
20181202_201037.jpg

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

^ Ha !

Looks a batwing Victor right underneath that record.

Viva-voce
Victor III

Post by Viva-voce »

Haha I used to see these turn up at garage sales and thrift shops when I was a teen just starting to collect 78's.
Our family had recently acquired an Amazon parrot and when I ran across one of these records I briefly thought of getting it to play in front of the bird but decided talking to him myself was best lol

Steven