SOLD: Pot Metal Replacements Type-1 Changer Sets

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

SOLD: Pot Metal Replacements Type-1 Changer Sets

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Complete set as seen in photos below for $550 if by check and for $568 if paid via PayPay (I’ll refund $18 if funds are received fee free).

Pretested and will work right out of the box to play and change 10” or 12” records in your Victor Victrola model VE 10-50 or Electrola models VE 10-51, VE 10-70, and VE 9-55.

Includes these five cast aluminum parts:

1) Collar Arm with clamping bolt. Inside sanded just right to slide on the tone arm like a glove. Makes for easy, quick, and secure tightening to set needle landing position.

2) Record Pad painted black and includes the original color wool felt already glued on. Early/Mid or Late style available. Late style has a notch in the corner of the pad that will give room for the gold nut/bolt that protrudes from the Record Lifting Ring. The Early/Mid style Ring uses a pin which does not protrude. This Record Pad includes a Full-Dog set screw that is screwed and glued in placed for security. Holes and set screw locations are perfectly located to allow for clean record ejection and record retrieving functions of both 10” and 12” records.

3) Record Size Gear Assembly Base. Will align perfectly with the vertical gear shaft going from the bottom on your Early/Mid or Late style Type-1 changer. This alignment allows for easy, clean, and distinct Record Size Selector changes between its 3 positions.

4) Magazine Stand Base painted black. Early/Mid or Late style Available. Includes the pivot hardware. The Late style uses a shoulder bolt and nut (a black oxide bolt and nut with a brass tube sleeve is provided). While the Early/Mid style uses a brass dowel.

5) Record Size Selector Lever. It’s color matched to the escutcheon plate and includes the set screw.

Also includes Brass Gears, Felt, and the Removal & Installation Instructions:

1) Four quality Boston Gear Company brass gears. Four tapered pins included, as well as a cotter pin that can be used to assist in the alignment of the holes through the gear and shaft before installing the pin.

2) New felt for the Record Shoot Guide. This original color matching wool felt is provided to match that of the Record Pad and to provide the clean look you want from your phonograph. This color matches perfectly with the Record Turntable felt sold by cyber_tigger on eBay.

3) A fairly detailed 12 page Removal & Installation Instruction pamphlet is included with 7 video links to Youtube for extra easy comprehension of the work required to replace your pot metal parts. See download attachment below.

If you are interested in purchasing, please indicate which style of replacement set you would like, Early/Mid or Late style.

To see a detailed description of the 3 styles of the VE 10-50 machine, click the following link:

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... ger+styles

PayPal or check accepted. US Priority Mail included free.
Attachments
Installation Instructions - v1.2.pdf
(313.54 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
2AE114BE-FD46-4B20-A7CF-42A55A4C1E3C.jpeg
EE7F227D-54AC-4383-860E-A2F6DD70D2BC.jpeg
Last edited by Victrola-Monkey on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Pot Metal Replacements for Victor Type-1 Chan

I’ve added the following descriptive photos to help in determining which style of machine you have and which style parts you need.

Note: The Late style works with both style phonographs. Though the VE 10-50 model was manufactured in both of the two styles, I believe it is the only model that has the Early style parts (which uses pins/dowels for all its pivot points) and all VE 10-70 and VE 9-55 models use the Late style parts (uses bolts/nuts for all its pivot points).
Attachments
11B30B05-F4C5-484A-B9D1-FD1A76EE62E7.jpeg
67A4D652-9938-4FFE-9097-E7296453D024.jpeg
0AE64FD9-FE2B-44C5-B4BB-AE778B69CD48.jpeg

marco
Victor II

Re: FOR SALE: Pot Metal Replacements for Victor Type-1 Chan

Post by marco »

Victrola-Monkey wrote:I’ve added the following descriptive photos to help in determining which style of machine you have and which style parts you need.

Note: The Late style works with both style phonographs. Though the VE 10-50 model was manufactured in both of the two styles, I believe it is the only model that has the Early style parts (which uses pins/dowels for all its pivot points) and all VE 10-70 and VE 9-55 models use the Late style parts (uses bolts/nuts for all its pivot points).
My record pad and my record ring are both EARLY STYLE pinned/doweled. I accidentally deleted your Email with the price and method address for payment. Will you please resend the original email you sent to me at: ernestglen@outlook.com
Thanks! Mark Roberts

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Re: FOR SALE: Pot Metal Replacements Victor Type-1 Changer

Post by Phono-Phan »

My payment should be by you soon. Please let us know when you have the Youtube videos showing the installation and adjustment of the parts. THANKS for your tenacity with this project!!!! Ken

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Pot Metal Replacements Victor Type-1 Changer

The Replacement Set parts Operational Videos, the Parts Removal Instruction Video, and the Installation Instruction Videos (and very soon the written Removal & Installation Instructions document) can all be accessed from the following link:

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=37976

ADDITIONALLY AVAILABLE TO ALUMINUM & BRASS REPLACEMENT SET BUYERS:

In my videos, I suggest that it is good to replace the cloth covered wire going to the Type-1 Changer’s Power Switch, to the VE 10-50 Early and Mid style Door Sensor Switch, and to replace the direct harness connection of the motor in the VE 10-50 Early and Mid style with a plug and socket, like the Late style and other Type-1 changers have. I am now making pre-made sets available to those who buy my Aluminum & Brass Replacement Set. As well a new 6’ or 12’ power cord. See photos below.

$10 each - Power Switch or Door Sensor cloth covered 16 gauge wire pair with marine grade crimp connectors, complete with Underwriter’s knot.

$25 each pair - Plug & Socket set each with cloth covered 16 gauge wire pair with marine grade crimp connectors made with Underwriter’s knots in the plug and socket.

$35 for 6’ or $45 for 12’ Power Cords - Cloth covered 18 gauge cord made with Underwriter’s knot in each plug and socket.
Attachments
254EFDE7-9B0A-47A6-8754-1C74039B55F9.jpeg
DE10291C-7CDC-4687-BD12-2A0B6201D7E5.jpeg
9A3E7482-AB51-43FB-9F9A-561C704868AB.jpeg
09ED477B-7DC7-4260-8AC5-7CCE6A3311A9.jpeg
72A92531-A415-4FBC-840A-CDD34E22F1B0.jpeg
30B32FD3-7B15-419C-A196-D2B9977E773F.jpeg

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Pot Metal Replacements Type-1 Changer & Wire

The newly created Removal & Installation Instructions 12 page pamphlet has been added to this topic's first posting if you need or want a copy.

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Re: FOR SALE: Pot Metal Replacements Type-1 Changer & Wire

Thanks to a forum member for pointing out an error with my Installation Instructions regarding the link to Video Part A-3 was the same as Part A-2. This has been corrected in the v1.2 of the document dated 11/30/18. Please download the latest copy and dispose of your previous copy.
Attachments
Installation Instructions - v1.2.pdf
(313.54 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Re: SOLD: Pot Metal Replacements Type-1 Changer & Wire Sets

I have sold out of my 11 finished replacement sets and the remaining 10 finished sets I have, I'm using on my four VE 9-55 Victrolas, three VE 9-55 Electrolas, and three VE 10-70 Electrolas.

Only have the unfinished sets availale now. I'm offering them at a great price, complete with detailed instructions. See TMF posting below for details:

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =9&t=38357