My machine has been in transit since the 31st...

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

My machine has been in transit since the 31st...

Post by Mormon S »

I sent out the machine I sold on Ebay on the 30th, and the tracking has said "in transit" since the 31st. Any advice on how to resolve this issue? Tomorrow I will try to call and see if they know where my package is.

Thanks
Martin

kirtley2012
Victor IV
Personal Text: Buyer of broken things

Re: My machine has been in transit since the 31st...

Post by kirtley2012 »

where's it going from and to? It could still be on its way rather than lost, the new year would have likely caused delay, so there's a chance it may have not gotten fully underway until the 2nd, if it's not going too far (same country) I'd imagine it'd get there in the next couple of days, personally I wouldn't worry just yet

Mormon S
Victor III
Personal Text:     Martin     "phono_fluff" on instagram

Post by Mormon S »

kirtley2012 wrote:where's it going from and to? It could still be on its way rather than lost, the new year would have likely caused delay, so there's a chance it may have not gotten fully underway until the 2nd, if it's not going too far (same country) I'd imagine it'd get there in the next couple of days, personally I wouldn't worry just yet
From NC to Florida. I will call tomorrow anyways.

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

I recently sent an early Columbia crank from Virginia to a forum member in NC. I could drive to his house in about 6 ½ hours-- It took USPS nine days to deliver the small first-class package.

I would not be concerned about the machine just yet--

Brad Abell

EarlH
Victor III

Post by EarlH »

The volume this year after Christmas for UPS has been really heavy. I'm sure it's the same at the post office and things will settle down around the middle of January. I had something take 9 days to get here from Ohio through the post office and it got here on Saturday. As long as it says "in transit" and it shows it's been scanned in the last few days it should be fine. Good luck with it now, and I hope you have it insured. I've had them lose 6-7 pkgs in the last year and I have no idea what that's all about. Something has changed in their system.

zenith82
Victor II

Post by zenith82 »

Seems that the mail has been running a bit slow the past few weeks. On Friday, I received a Christmas card that was postmarked Dec 18th. Go figure.

recordnut
Victor Jr

Post by recordnut »

Yes, I sent out a machine on the 21st of December. It was marked in transit on the 27th and now says delayed - in transit. Fingers crossed.

Indestructible
Victor I
Personal Text: Going through life at 160 RPM

Post by Indestructible »

Good luck !
Hope it makes it safely. I always get nervous when it says "in transit".

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

A few years back I sold an item on eBay, about this time of year. It took a couple of weeks, at least, to get there. Unfortunately, the buyer was a real jerk. Sent threatening emails, called me every name in the book, lodged a complaint with eBay, and naturally negative feedback. I assured him that if he never got it, I would refund his money 100%, including shipping. Didn't matter to him. To add further insult, he actually DID get the package, but denied receiving it. Hope your situation involves a patient buyer. Let us know how it works out.

Long story short: I wouldn't be concerned just yet.

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

I have had several items sent to me that took extra time. I believe they were clogged this year. Usually it is bad storms but Christmas weather seemed nice this year with no blizzards. I had one seller that was a newbie. He would not mail out the item till eBay released the funds to him which took 18 days. I never heard about that. That one took over three weeks to get to me. Tom