WANTED: brake knob for Columbia BI Sterling

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
SteveM
Victor II

WANTED: brake knob for Columbia BI Sterling

Post by SteveM »

Similar to this photo (photo from eBay, not mine) ... I just need the little screw-on knob on the end. Or I'll spring for the whole assembly if necessary.

OR open to any non-original suggestions here. I just need something to grab on to.

THANKS!
Attachments
knob.jpg
“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.”

P. G. Wodehouse

Herman
Victor II

Re: WANTED: brake knob for Columbia BI Sterling

Post by Herman »

SteveM wrote:Similar to this photo (photo from eBay, not mine) ... I just need the little screw-on knob on the end. Or I'll spring for the whole assembly if necessary.

OR open to any non-original suggestions here. I just need something to grab on to.

THANKS!
I just checked mine and appers the knob is crimped to the rod.
Do you have threads at the end of your rod?

If you have threads go to Home Depot and you may find small brass knobs in the fastener section or in the lighting section.

SteveM
Victor II

Post by SteveM »

Herman wrote:
SteveM wrote:Similar to this photo (photo from eBay, not mine) ... I just need the little screw-on knob on the end. Or I'll spring for the whole assembly if necessary.

THANKS!
I just checked mine and appers the knob is crimped to the rod.
Do you have threads at the end of your rod?

If you have threads go to Home Depot and you may find small brass knobs in the fastener section or in the lighting section.

Yeah mine's threaded. Thanks! I will see what I can find.
“The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured cosiness.”

P. G. Wodehouse

Dave D
Victor IV

Post by Dave D »

I sent you a PM.
Dave D