WANTED: Victor XVI Case Parts / Photos

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
gregks
Victor Jr

WANTED: Victor XVI Case Parts / Photos

Post by gregks »

Hello. I realize this is a long shot. I have a Victor Victrola XVI, serial "D". I need the two lower trim pieces that mount on the sides and a couple of back leg feet ( or photos of the correct style of rear feet ).

It is an oak cabinet but the finish won't matter as I'll need to work with it so it matches the Black Flemish finish. I could probably use mahogany if that's all I can find. The molding has come off both sides of the rear legs at the bottom.

I've attached photos of what I'm in need of as well as a photo of one of the front leg carvings for reference of the cabinet style. I don't know what the correct rear leg carving or style is.

Thank you,
Greg
Attachments
victor flemishbottom front leg.jpg
victor flemishbottom back leg.jpg
victor flemish bottom trim.jpg

EarlH
Victor III

Re: WANTED: Victor XVI Case Parts / Photos

Post by EarlH »

You should include an overall picture of your machine Greg. Is it an L-door machine or the next style? I junked out an oak one last summer, but it was the style after the L-door machine. I don't think I kept the rear legs though. I'd have to look in the garage in a week or so when it gets back above zero! Good luck with it now, Earl.

gregks
Victor Jr

Post by gregks »

Hello Earl,

It's in the single digits here tonight so i know you're cold up there.

It is not an L Door. I have an L door, C serial and the machine I'm working on now has different carving on the front legs.

The feet on the back legs of my L door have no carving at all. If the foot molding I'm missing happens to be that same style, I may be able to scroll saw those pieces myself.

I've included a photo of the front leg and rear foot of my L-door. There is also a photo of the front leg of the XVI.

Thanks
Greg
Attachments
Victor XVI Flemish front leg.jpg
Victor L Door front leg.jpg
Victor L Door back foot.jpg

EarlH
Victor III

Post by EarlH »

That's the first style after the L-door. That one really has nice carving on the legs. I think the one I junked out was the next one after that. I'm not sure how much alike they are, but I'll look and see if I kept any of those panels this weekend. My garage was put up in 1915 and barely holds my car! It's a wonder it hasn't tipped over with all the junk I've stuck up in the loft. Anyway, I'll look and see, but I think I told my brother to take that stuff home with him. He heats with wood, and I'm a coal guy. Have a good night now and enjoy the weather. It's supposed to get to -12 up here tonight. Looks like the high on Tuesday is supposed to be -17! It hasn't been that cold up here for a high for a few years now. It freezes the water in the cup holder of my UPS truck! The heaters are nothing to brag about in those things. I should have that fish belly molding if I can find it. It won't be black though, that machine I had was just really dark oak. Is your decal over that black color? That looks really black for stain, and looks more like paint. But it might be just the way the picture has turned out. Digital cameras will sometimes do odd things depending on the light source.

Mpellicano
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Winding in West Florida

Post by Mpellicano »

Iam looking for a back panel for my XVI.