Vintage Francis Salabert Wind Up Gramophone Black

Post links to auctions and classifieds here
poodling around
Victor V

Vintage Francis Salabert Wind Up Gramophone Black

Post by poodling around »

I thought that this seems nice maybe with some nice history associated with it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Fran ... rk:42:pf:0
Attachments
pathe.jpg

epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Vintage Francis Salabert Wind Up Gramophone Black

Post by epigramophone »

An interesting and unusual portable in nice condition, although I am not sure whether the soundbox is the original.

Unfortunately the seller does not offer postage. Posting a portable is not difficult (I have done it several times) and offering postage greatly increases the number of potential bidders.

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

epigramophone wrote:An interesting and unusual portable in nice condition, although I am not sure whether the soundbox is the original.
You are correct, the soundbox for this one is a Salabert, with a little bird icon. I have a "de luxe" version that looks very much like the one above, it is a nice machine, see photos below. The button serves to open the needle drawer on the side, and the case is in a faux snakeskin pattern.
Attachments
salabert 3.jpg
salabert 2.jpg
salabert 1.jpg

poodling around
Victor V

CarlosV wrote:
epigramophone wrote:An interesting and unusual portable in nice condition, although I am not sure whether the soundbox is the original.
You are correct, the soundbox for this one is a Salabert, with a little bird icon. I have a "de luxe" version that looks very much like the one above, it is a nice machine, see photos below. The button serves to open the needle drawer on the side, and the case is in a faux snakeskin pattern.

Never mind that, I love the stack of multi coloured portable gramophones in the background of photo 2 ! :o

CarlosV
Victor IV

Post by CarlosV »

poodling around wrote: Never mind that, I love the stack of multi coloured portable gramophones in the background of photo 2 ! :o
That's part of my portable collection, you can see a blue 102. a red Russian imitation of the 102, a beige RCA Victor, a 102 in a custom-made mahogany case, a little part of a WWII olive machine, and the Salabert is sitting on top of a Victor 55.

poodling around
Victor V

CarlosV wrote:
poodling around wrote: Never mind that, I love the stack of multi coloured portable gramophones in the background of photo 2 ! :o
That's part of my portable collection, you can see a blue 102. a red Russian imitation of the 102, a beige RCA Victor, a 102 in a custom-made mahogany case, a little part of a WWII olive machine, and the Salabert is sitting on top of a Victor 55.

Fantastic ! Thank you for going to the trouble of listing them. I appreciate it.