An Intriguing Question (?)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

An Intriguing Question (?)

Post by phonogfp »

In the soon-to-be-mailed March 2019 issue of The Antique Phonograph, Anthony Sinclair asks what one board member describes as "an intriguing question." I thought the answer was obvious, but maybe I'm wrong. See what you think. You can send your answer to Editor Rene Rondeau for publication in the June issue.

You don't get The Antique Phonograph? That's an easy fix:

https://www.antiquephono.org/join-us-home/

George P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: An Intriguing Question (?)

Post by fran604g »

Well now, if that doesn't pique my curiosity...

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

I’d love to, but at first I couldn’t figure out how to renew my membership. There is only a path to register a new membership...unless you log in as a member. Then you can navigate to the account page and it presents the means of renewing. I think this works on your phone as well, although I made my second (and eventually successful) try on a computer.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

There's no "renewal" by name, but rather we just re-join every year. The language on the "Join Us" page should probably be modified to reflect that.

George P.

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Thanks George!

vansteem78
Victor II

Post by vansteem78 »

I have been in contact with Anthony Sinclair and saw the question. I think I know the answer as I had asked Ron Haring when I bought the 1-A and the told me and only then was it obvious to me. I suppose had I sat and thought about it I would have come up with the answer on my own but easier to ask. I'm a lazy cuss! Neil