Sophie Tucker - Rare Records?

Discussions on Records, Recording, & Artists
vansteem78
Victor II

Re: Sophie Tucker - Rare Records?

Post by vansteem78 »

I bought my first Sophie Tucker two minute cylinder this past January and it cost me twenty bucks but I think worth it. My favorite record of her is with one my favorite band leaders Ted Lewis and is Some of These Days. I have her on later discs doing the same song but not as good. I think Ted made the difference. I have found a few LPs (ten inch and twelve inch LPs) of her music too but she is good is all I can say. Also have her on CD. Just another fan. Neil

rodpickett
Victor II

Post by rodpickett »

Archeophone Records issued and excellent CD a few years ago featuring Sophie's work.
Attachments
scan1.png
scan2.png

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

vansteem78 wrote:I bought my first Sophie Tucker two minute cylinder this past January and it cost me twenty bucks but I think worth it. My favorite record of her is with one my favorite band leaders Ted Lewis and is Some of These Days. I have her on later discs doing the same song but not as good. I think Ted made the difference. I have found a few LPs (ten inch and twelve inch LPs) of her music too but she is good is all I can say. Also have her on CD. Just another fan. Neil
Errrr... I think you SCORED. ;)
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

BusyBeeCylinder
Victor I

Post by BusyBeeCylinder »

Slightly off-topic, but the Sophie Tucker Biography "THE OUTRAGEOUS SOPHIE TUCKER" is available to watch for free on Amazon Prime Video if you have an Amazon Prime account.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

BusyBeeCylinder wrote:Slightly off-topic, but the Sophie Tucker Biography "THE OUTRAGEOUS SOPHIE TUCKER" is available to watch for free on Amazon Prime Video if you have an Amazon Prime account.

I will have to check that out....thanks for letting us know.