Union Advice

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Re: Union Advice

Post by audiophile102 »

Failed Edit..... see next post
Last edited by audiophile102 on Fri May 10, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

Here is a news story about the Wild West Town and Cafe. https://www.nwherald.com/2019/05/03/new ... n/aqwofrm/
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

AZ*
Victor IV

Post by AZ* »

audiophile102 wrote:Here is a news story about the Wild West Town and Cafe. https://www.nwherald.com/2019/05/03/new ... n/aqwofrm/
Interesting. So Donleys finally sold it. I know it's been for sale for a number of years. I wonder what arrangements, if any, have been made for future Union phono shows.
Best regards ... AZ*

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Arcada Theatre owner Ron Onesti has lassoed a new venture – Donley’s Wild West Town in Union.

Onesti is taking over operations of the decades-old theme park, which will fittingly be renamed Onesti’s Wild West Town. Onesti is president and founder of Onesti Entertainment Corp., which operates the Arcada Theatre and Club Arcada in St. Charles. Onesti Entertainment also operates the Evanston Rocks venue.
Most of us expected this to happen but also hoped it would be later rather than sooner. But on a bright note I know our APS leadership has made provisions for this inevitability. Change is not easy but I am optimistic for the future site of a mid-country Union type sale. So don't despair! :)

Jerry Blais

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

Seems that the Donley’s have retained control over the real estate, etc. The deal with Onesti seems to be an “operational partnership”. And, given the Donley’s thrust into the auction business, it may well mean that the Union Show will continue for the foreseeable future.

Raphael

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

If you have project and neglected Nippers that need a new home please bring them to me. Jerry Blais

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

Jerry B. wrote:
Most of us expected this to happen but also hoped it would be later rather than sooner. But on a bright note I know our APS leadership has made provisions for this inevitability. Change is not easy but I am optimistic for the future site of a mid-country Union type sale. So don't despair! :)

Jerry Blais
yeah... but but but hanging with some farmers in Omaha in the Summer heat with no more visits to the Victorian Palace? :cry:

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Raphael is correct. Randy announced either last year or the year before that the auction building was a separate business from Wild West Town itself and that they would continue their business separately (a bit of a paraphrase). I wouldn't get worked up about the show ending because of the sale just yet. Perhaps we should just wait until the Donalys tell us what their plans are, then continue panic if it is bad news. I don't think it will be right away personally, but who knows.