GONE: Instant phono collection, $275

Buy, sell, or trade your phonograph-related items here [except music]
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

GONE: Instant phono collection, $275

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

The Edison sold, the Oxford I'm using for trade goods, and the Victrola was broken up for parts.

Here's a mix of phonographs to check out. I think you would like the variety--all are nice & small, don't take up a great amount of room, and are good starts to some amazing machines.

1. Edison Standard A, c. 1904--SALE PENDING. Sorry, but it's on its way to another collector already.

2. Oxford BZ hornless grafonola-clone. Built by Columbia & selling for $9.95 in the Sears catalog from 1912-1916, this is a neat little phonograph. It sounds great for what it is due to a large diaphragm & a metal horn. Not many are around today but they are nice--this one even has original platter felt.

3. Orthophonic Victrola 2-65, post-RCA takeover, c. 1930. I've been trying to get this thing to a new owner who's a better hand with upholstery. The soundbox is fully rehabbed and amazing. Motor has been converted to use screws instead of rivets holding barrel cover on, and has a new spring. New velvet, new leather, new lacquer, new motor board, new feet, you just need to add a handle & fix that pesky auto brake with some new springs. It's not super original any more but it's a nice Victrola for listening to--IF you can get the brakes to release, which is why I say you might want a new brake.

Make me an offer if you want pics of any machines, or more info about hidden flaws/really nice condition areas on each of them. None are perfect but none are junk either. All can play & need new owners as I am downsizing.

I will deliver in Corolla range of Florence County, SC--EDIT--SHIPPING AVAILABLE.

Charles F.
Attachments
DSCF3019.JPG
DSCF3014.JPG
DSCF3017.JPG
DSCF3020.JPG
DSCF3021.JPG
DSCF3012.JPG
Last edited by VanEpsFan1914 on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: Instant phono collection, $700 or offer. Varie

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

If you only want one machine, let me know. I'll split the collection up if you just want one or two phonographs.

These have to be gone by August. Unfortunate, yes--but true, due to lack of space. All have been good pieces for the collection but I think they should belong to a better restorer.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Bump again.

Decent small phonographs & negotiable prices...any interest?

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

These have got to go ASAP. I have no more room to keep them (painting part of the house) and will be moving in a very few months. Unable to take with.

Please go for one, two, or all of them. All are still available.

Wolfe
Victor V

Post by Wolfe »

This looks like a nice deal. If I wasn't geographically challenged, I might consider it.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

All these machines will need to be sold soon. I am getting ready to move this August & will be repairing the house in between Now and Then.

I will sell the machines priced as follows:

Edison Standard, $225 w. reproducer & horn included

Oxford hornless phonograph, $150--any less & I lose money.

Victrola portable--it's been sitting on eBay for $170 for a while now. If it doesn't sell here for $150 I am going to be parting it out within the week--hate to do that but it might be its time. (The reproducer repair cost more than the machine is worth & the motor/turntable, for some reason, seem to sound a bit quavery now that I cranked it up & checked the other day. The OSB is, of course, amazing. Two words: Wyatt Markus.)

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: Instant phono collection, $450

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Bumping again.

The Victrola portable minus reproducer I will sell, in whole or in part, for $35--that's less than what I paid for it.

Edison cylinder player, $225 still. I'm losing quite a bit here but would prefer to lose the machine so it can go to a restorer with more time & space.

Oxford disc player (honestly a very nice performer for its size) $140.

I need these machines OUT & soon. They're all decent phonos but there were so many of these things in my room a few months ago that I had to get rid of some of them. I had like 5 horn phonographs and that's too many in a 12x10 room, and sure won't fit in a Corolla as I'm leaving to move to Tennessee in a few months.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: Instant phono collection, $450

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Update. There is a sale pending on the Edison Standard.

The Oxford & the Victrola are left, and the Victrola still has its Orthophonic soundbox. I am still selling it for $35 without the soundbox, or for $150 with.

(As I have nothing that will fit that Orthophonic soundbox then I am unlikely to keep it around, though it sounds wonderful.)

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

Re: FOR SALE: Instant phono collection, $275

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Edison Standard has been SOLD--to a collector in Peoria.

Make me an offer on the others!

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI

GONE. Instant phono collection, $275

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Offers accepted. Unless they're the kind of offers I might find in a couch cushion. Then no, but they will be considered.

Anyone want a very small tabletop phonograph, or a Victrola portable (or parts?)

UPDATE:

The Victrola has been scrapped for parts. No. 9472 is no longer intact.

There is a trade pending on the Oxford Talking Machine.