Union Parking Lot VE 9-55 transfer between vehicles

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
melvind
Victor IV

Union Parking Lot VE 9-55 transfer between vehicles

Post by melvind »

This afternoon Wayne (Victrola Monkey) delivered two crated heavy machines in the Union parking lot. One went into the back of a Pickup, and the other into Jerry Blais' trailer. It was quite a site. It was an amazing thing to see. The machines were in wooden crates with 4 inch wheels and Wayne has it down. One person could almost do it by himself. Here are the pictures I took.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Union Parking Lot VE 9-55 transfer between vehicles

Post by Jerry B. »

The photos tell the story. Wayne did an incredible job. The machine was carefully protected and crated. The preparation included large 4" swivel wheels which made directing the crate very easy. Wayne drove up diagonally to my trailer so the sliding door was even with the drop ramp of my trailer. Next he bridged the majority of the distance with heavy duty timbers. Each timber had a small white curb which prevented the wheels from coming off the ramp. It was an easy push to get the Victrola in my trailer. Once inside it was easily rolled into position and two ratchet straps secured it in place. The entire process took only minutes.

I'd like to thank Wayne for all the thought, anticipation, and planning. It was so safe and easy.

Jerry Blais

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Thanks guys, my pleasure. Though I sure wish I had my new Victrola Monkey logo shirt on. Had it off ‘cause I didn’t want to sweaty it up.
Attachments
2E80BBEB-BFFB-4718-8D8B-998965A696FE.jpeg

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Victrola Monkey has only one flaw and it's his phono humor. He had just finished loading a huge changer in a pickup next to my trailer. The driver finished with his tie downs and was pulling out of his parking space. The second changer was just inside my trailer when he grabbed his paperwork and, with a look of horror in his eyes, announced the machines had been reversed. I had the wrong machine. Finally there was a little grin followed by a bigger one and I realized the joke was on me. I had been had! :D

Jerry Blais

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

:lol: :lol: :lol: He punked you good!

You guys performed a masterfully coordinated effort! :ugeek:

Years ago I started a new job and my new coworkers were testing me. I was passing the tests. They said you're pretty good, what's your background? I replied without hesitation, "Corporate spy". Dead silence, followed by measured laughter. No further tests that day!

James.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

Jerry B. wrote:Victrola Monkey has only one flaw and it's his phono humor. He had just finished loading a huge changer in a pickup next to my trailer. The driver finished with his tie downs and was pulling out of his parking space. The second changer was just inside my trailer when he grabbed his paperwork and, with a look of horror in his eyes, announced the machines had been reversed. I had the wrong machine. Finally there was a little grin followed by a bigger one and I realized the joke was on me. I had been had! :D

Jerry Blais
Gee, Jer... even I can see "Springfield Or." all the way from here plain as day on the side of that tiny house youse guys are loading into your trailer.

That crating job is a piece of art- I'm going to feel like a Taliban goon dismantling it to get the pearl out. Maybe I should put it in the Yankee Trader for big bucks... genuine V-M packing crate! Or... maybe I'll stick a spare VW engine in it and drive it awhile first.

This Forum is the greatest! Many thanks to Wayne and Jerry. Maybe one day I can stop chasing the Midas shadow and get to some phono shows...
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

rvwenger
Victor I

Post by rvwenger »

Gee, Jer... even I can see "Springfield Or." all the way from here plain as day on the side of that tiny house youse guys are loading into your trailer.

That crating job is a piece of art- I'm going to feel like a Taliban goon dismantling it to get the pearl out. Maybe I should put it in the Yankee Trader for big bucks... genuine V-M packing crate! Or... maybe I'll stick a spare VW engine in it and drive it awhile first.

This Forum is the greatest! Many thanks to Wayne and Jerry. Maybe one day I can stop chasing the Midas shadow and get to some phono shows...[/quote]

Jerry is the best. It was great to see them again. Congrats on your VE 9-55. I'm sure it's a gorgeous player.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

rvwenger wrote:Gee, Jer... even I can see "Springfield Or." all the way from here plain as day on the side of that tiny house youse guys are loading into your trailer.

This Forum is the greatest! Many thanks to Wayne and Jerry. Maybe one day I can stop chasing the Midas shadow and get to some phono shows...

Jerry is the best. It was great to see them again. Congrats on your VE 9-55. I'm sure it's a gorgeous player.[/quote]

It's actually one of the 9-55/ 10-50 hybrids. Yes, I am looking forward to it! And yes, Jerry makes a lot of things happen that otherwise would not.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek